CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Change dtlDropdown to Read Only

Posted Apr 12, 2018 04:29 PM

Hi,

Is there a way to change dtlDropdown to read only? I need to restrict users from making changes to the Priority field in the Incident form.

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Priority" attr=priority evt="onChange=\\\"z_check_rootcause()\\\"" lookup=no>

Thanks,

Arnab

• 2.  Re: Change dtlDropdown to Read Only

Posted Apr 12, 2018 08:16 PM

Yes,

This should work, it will make it read only for everyone.

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlReadonly hdr="Priority" attr=priority>

Additionally you you can use if/else statements to make it editable for certain users. Let me know if you want an example of that.

• 3.  Re: Change dtlDropdown to Read Only

Posted Apr 12, 2018 08:47 PM

Thanks Grant, I will give it a try and let you know. I will be doing this for the Default Form Group. For one specific Form group, I will have this field editable.

• 4.  Re: Change dtlDropdown to Read Only

Posted Apr 13, 2018 04:09 PM

Hi Grant,

I made the following changes and I see this error message. Please advise.

AHD04407:CA Service Desk Manager html generation error. Could not find or process 'detail_cr_edit.htmpl'.

AHD04704:PDM_ELSE at dtlReadOnly.mac[0]/detail_in.htmpl[1052]/detail_cr.htmpl[16] not in PDM_IF

detail_in.htmpl

Remove <PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Priority" attr=priority evt="onChange=\\\"z_check_rootcause()\\\"" lookup=no>

Add    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlReadOnly hdr="Priority attr=priority evt="onChange=\\\"z_check_rootcause()\\\"" lookup=no>

detail_cr.htmpl

Remove <PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Priority" attr=priority evt="onBlur=\\\"detailSyncEditForms(this)\\\"">

Add    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlReadOnly hdr="Priority" attr=priority evt="onBlur=\\\"detailSyncEditForms(this)\\\"">

• 5.  Re: Change dtlDropdown to Read Only

Posted Apr 13, 2018 05:13 PM

Hi,

Try my original suggestion.  I don't think the onBlur event is valid for dtlReadonly fields.

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlReadonly hdr="Priority" attr=priority>

• 6.  Re: Change dtlDropdown to Read Only

Posted Apr 16, 2018 03:03 AM

Though you set Priority as Read-only there must be some alternatives to define the parity, else the field becomes useless. So the best alternative is to define Priority calculation matrix. This will automatically make your Priory field read-only.  The priority calculation Matrix, defines the priority based on Urgency and Impact selection.

Thanks

ArunavaS