CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  My customization that worked in 12.6 no longer works after upgrading to 14.1

Posted Apr 09, 2018 03:39 PM

Here is a reference to the customization that I have been using:

https://communities.ca.com/blogs/TIAGOMACUL/2016/01/05/httpwwwservicedeskuserscomrefreshcustomerinfobeforesavingtheticket-2-ver

This customization was working perfectly in version 12.6 and even when we were in the process of testing in our 14.1 DEV and QC environments, but as soon as we went live with 14.1 in PROD, we get a delayed server response error. 

We then noticed the same behaviour in our DEV and QC environments as well (which was very odd considering the amount of testing that was done before going live). Also this error doesn't occur all the time which is frustrating. 8 out of 10 times it works perfectly fine, and it only seems to error when typing in a partial name and the clicking on the customer from the auto-suggest list.

If anyone has run into this issue and has a solution that would be perfect, or if anyone has some suggestions I could try that would be awesome too

• 2.  Re: My customization that worked in 12.6 no longer works after upgrading to 14.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 09, 2018 04:15 PM

TMACUL - looks like you are developer of the customization?

Any ideas here?

• 3.  Re: My customization that worked in 12.6 no longer works after upgrading to 14.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 11, 2018 11:28 AM

From reading the community post, it was stated (concern in BOLD):

This article provides customization to detail_in.htmpl for refreshing end user location and phone (as displayed on the form) when the end user changes BEFORE saving the change. The code works, but I am not crazy about it. I am hoping that someone can find a more elegant way to implement the same. I have only implemented and did limited testing in development, so the code has not been tested in the real world environment.

Unfortunately, Support is limited in the amount of troubleshooting that can be applied here, especially on a code that had been given limited tested and QA.