CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Web services - Detect User ID in activity condition

Posted Nov 28, 2017 01:53 AM

Hi,

One of our client's is implementing a 2 way integration between CA SDM and 3rd party tools using the CA SDM SOAP web services methods (inbound) and custom developed web services (outbound). For outbound integration i.e. from CA SDM to 3rd party, a new notification method has been configured with activity notifications. In order to prevent looping, we need to detect any inbound events i.e. create ticket, log activity etc. on CA SDM side so that notification rules condition can suppress activities performed by this specific ca sdm web services user ID. How can this be done i.e. detect which user id (web services user id) had created the ticket?

Comparing this with activities performed by user using CA SDM web interface, the ticket's creator and activity's performer i.e. last modified by userid for ticket is set to the logged in user! And I can use these attributes in the condition to detect who performed the activity.

Regards, Sandeep

• 2.  Re: Web services - Detect User ID in activity condition

Posted Nov 28, 2017 02:37 AM

For ticket creation, you can check 2 things:

* The log_agent field, which holds the creator of the ticket, and it's similar to other contact fields on the ticket

* The created_via field, which should show how the ticket was created (web, mail, web services, etc)

For activity logs, check the analyst field, which holds the reference to the contact that created the Activity log.

• 3.  Re: Web services - Detect User ID in activity condition

Posted Nov 28, 2017 04:31 AM

Hi Cristi,

Thanks for responding promptly.

Yes. For creation of ticket, the log_agent captures the user who created the ticket i.e. the logged in user.

For ticket update including activities e.g. log comment, the last_mod_by gets set to the logged in user i.e. the user who performed it. I am able to check this attribute for conditions in notification rules to know who performed the activity. (How to send notification when last update on the ticket was not made by affected end user? )

So my query is basically, when CA SDM web services are used to create and update tickets, the same attributes will be set to the web service user ID (who authenticates to CA SDM) logically?

• 4.  Re: Web services - Detect User ID in activity condition
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2017 09:46 AM

Sandeep, yes, it should be the same...last_mod_by will be the WS logged in user and by checking this in the site condition macro, you should be able to suppress those activities performed by WS integration script. Thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: Web services - Detect User ID in activity condition

Posted Nov 28, 2017 06:11 PM

Thanks for the confirmation Chen.