CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Cancel ticket in SDM

• 1.  Cancel ticket in SDM

Posted Sep 12, 2017 11:26 PM

Hi,

If we set the status to Cancel in SDM, the ticket in USS still remain open. Can it be configured, when we cancel the ticket in SDM it will automatically cancel in USS?

• 2.  Re: Cancel ticket in SDM

Posted Sep 13, 2017 06:11 AM

Hi Mohd,

Essentially the ticket you see in SDM directly is exactly the same as the ticket in USS. It is just two different user interfaces but retrieving the same information.

Can you give us the exact steps you take to reproduce and also let us know the SDM version and patches applied?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  RE: Re: Cancel ticket in SDM

Posted Nov 29, 2019 02:04 AM
    we are facing same issue also.
    Ticket status is open while we change it to cancel in CA SDM application

• 4.  Re: Cancel ticket in SDM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 13, 2017 08:14 AM

Hi Mohd,

Can you clarify if the ticket you see in USS is a Service Catalog ticket or is a Service Desk ticket? You can verify this by going to USS > Settings > Datasource > If Service catalog data-source is enabled, then it means you are creating a ticket in Service Catalog and Service Catalog is creating a ticket in Service Desk Manager. Based on the information, we can provide the next steps.

Regards,

Pablo

• 5.  Re: Cancel ticket in SDM

Posted Sep 13, 2017 11:08 AM

Hi,

I've created the ticket through USS. My USS ticket number is 10425. and it automatically created a ticket in CA SDM. My SDM ticket number is 602.

If I canceled the ticket in CA SDM (602), the status of the USS ticket(10425) also will reflect in the USS ticket.

The problem is, the status of the catalog still remain Fulfillment: In Progress.

I need to click on "Cancel" button in the USS ticket to make sure that the catalog ticket change to Fulfillment: Cancelled

• 6.  Re: Cancel ticket in SDM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 13, 2017 05:40 PM

Hi Mohd,

I think we could use some clarification to Pablo's question above,  are you using Catalog as well as SDM, both datasources are enabled in USS?

thx

_R

• 7.  Re: Cancel ticket in SDM

Posted Sep 14, 2017 04:07 AM

HI

Looking that there is 2 different ticket numbers I think in fact that Service Catalog is installed.

You will need to create some integration back from SDM to SC (i.e using PAM ) to close the request back  in Catalog when the corresponding ticket is close on SDM.

Idea can be to attach an event on the cancel activity to trigger a execute pam macro..

Unfortunately  CA didn't think on all of that when they have put those two together and there is still few ideas running here to improve that like sharing the same id between SDM and SC.

My 2 cents

/J

• 8.  Re: Cancel ticket in SDM

Posted Sep 14, 2017 05:00 AM

Hi,

Yes I've installed the Service Catalog. Only the status Closed from CA SDM will complete the corresponding ticket in USS.

Different Id between the 2 system also make the user confused.

• 9.  Re: Cancel ticket in SDM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2017 11:41 AM

If you have  USS -> Catalog -> SDM   approach,  then only Closed  status in SDM  syncs back to Catalog (there by reflects in USS too).

This is per current design.

I have seen some customers implement a PAM process (which can be kicked off via an Event in SDM, say status changed from blah to Resolved), to sync the SDM ticket status to Catalog ticket appropriately. 

But at this time, Closed status in SDM is the only one that syncs back to Catalog ticket using the native SDM -> Catalog's  catalog sync daemon integration.

_R

• 10.  Re: Cancel ticket in SDM

Posted Sep 14, 2017 09:40 PM

Hope CA will improve the design.....

• 11.  Re: Cancel ticket in SDM

Posted Sep 14, 2017 03:38 PM

Hi team,

Maybe this TEC DOC could be useful:

How to synchronize Ticket status Closed in SDM with CA Service Catalog 

You can try to set 'CNCL' code status (for SDM) at step 4 for the "Option Value".

Regards,

Robin MORALES.

• 12.  Re: Cancel ticket in SDM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2017 03:42 PM

Hiya Robin,

From what I know, it only works for CL  code (Closed), not for Cancel. 

_R

• 13.  Re: Cancel ticket in SDM

Posted Sep 26, 2017 10:20 PM

I've set the Service Catalog role for one of the users is "End User". When this user closed the ticket in SDM the corresponding status in Service Catalog will not change to "Complete".

I need to assign the "Request Manager" role for the user if I want the status of the corresponding ticket in Service Catalog to be completed.