CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  dtlDropdownwithDescription Formatting

Posted Nov 22, 2017 08:57 AM

We used  a dtlDropdownwithDescription on a form because we wanted certain values displayed and these will change. Is there a way to limit the space between the Field Name and then the dropdown? I could not find any parameters in the control itself or in the form. I didn't know if there was a config file somewhere that could be updated. I have included screen captures of what it looks like in WSP and on the form in SDM. 

• 2.  Re: dtlDropdownwithDescription Formatting

Posted Nov 27, 2017 10:48 AM

Hi Jessie,

Did you create this customization using WSP design tab, or did you manually add it in the code tab?  Typically when you add a field it automatically formats it the way all the other fields are.

Seems odd that it has that space there.

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: dtlDropdownwithDescription Formatting

Posted Nov 27, 2017 12:43 PM

We used the WSP design tab. We had this issue with other form upgrades but it wasn't as noticeable because of where they were located.

• 4.  Re: dtlDropdownwithDescription Formatting

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2017 12:05 PM

Jessie, did you mean dtlDropdownWithDesc(I checked version 14.x and couldn't see there is a macro called dtlDropdownwithDescription)? if yes, take a look at the detail_forms.js file, where function detailDropdownWithDesc() is coded(this is the function got invoked by dtlDropdownWithDesc macro). Pay attention

to width:x%...this is where the length/width of the display. Thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: dtlDropdownwithDescription Formatting

Posted Nov 27, 2017 12:42 PM

Thank you, you are correct, the form name is dtlDropdownWithDesc. I see there are several detail_form.js files in different directories, all with the width:x% values in them. They do have different width values. Which form do I update, or is it all forms?

• 6.  Re: dtlDropdownwithDescription Formatting

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2017 02:28 PM

the one you can modify should be the one in sdm-install\site\mods\www\wwwroot

• 7.  Re: dtlDropdownwithDescription Formatting

Posted Nov 27, 2017 03:25 PM

Thank you for the reply. I tried adjusting the widths in the file and the appearance was still the same, large gap between the label and the actual field. I also recycled services and cleared the webcache after each adjustment and it didn't seem to change anything. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jessie

• 8.  Re: dtlDropdownwithDescription Formatting
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2017 04:24 PM

Jessie, I am afraid the changes you made were overwritten by the one in the default location(\bopcfg\...). You can try to copy the modified version of the function into sitemods.js file and see what happens. Sometimes you may need to modify the original file in bop;cfg\.... One thing you can be sure is I have checked other js files and this is the only

file(detail_forms.js) that got this function coded. Thanks _Chi