CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Urgency, Impact, Priority Sort Order By

Posted Aug 09, 2017 02:47 PM

SDM 14.1.04.  I have a requirement to modify the impact, urgency and priority values to High, Medium, Low etc without the number prefix. I need to sort the dropdown list by the numberic "value" of each sym. I've tried the WSP design view property "List Order By" with "value" and "enum", neither of which will sort by value.  list_orderby="value"

Same issue in our 12.6 environment.   Any suggestions? 

thanks

• 2.  Re: Urgency, Impact, Priority Sort Order By

Posted Aug 09, 2017 03:10 PM

Hi Jeffrey,  Unfortunately in the GUI it will sort by alphanumeric (so by number, then letters etc.)  So I am not sure that you can accomplish exactly what you want without using numbers in the sym.   Something like this I believe would be an enhancement which you can post here in the community as an "idea".  

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Urgency, Impact, Priority Sort Order By
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 09, 2017 03:13 PM

I may have just figured it out... using a whereclause seems to produce the list in the order entered on the form.  I'll provide an update later.

thanks for your reply.

Jeff

>>> Jon_Israel <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com> August 9, 2017 15:10 >>>

Jon Israel  replied to the discussion

"Re: Urgency, Impact, Priority Sort Order By"

To view the discussion, visit: https://communities.ca.com/message/241998561-re-urgency-impact-priority-sort-order-by?commentID=241998561&et=watches.email.thread#comment-241998561