CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Add Attachments button function to Status Update form

Posted Oct 05, 2017 12:07 PM

SDM 14.1.02 and 14.1.03

We want to streamline some functions that are now on multiple forms\menus.  When an analyst does a Status Update then they need to Add Attachments and then send a Manual Notify.

I am trying to trace back the Add Attachments button on the Attachments tab from detail_cr.htmpl to the xx_attmnt_tab.htmpl so I can copy this to the request_status_change.htmpl.

The issue is that once I get the Attach Document button on the form and its do_attach_doc() function, it displays the upload form when selected, but the results are not saved to the list of attachments on the Request itself. 

I need help in determining which variables to pass to Status Update from the Request so that when the do_attach_doc() function is called, it will link the attachment to the Request.  It appears I need to pass the persistent_id of the cr. but this is already available in the request_status_change form.

function do_attach_doc() {
       var add_file_src = "View=Upload+ShowFields=Yes+ShowImgStatus=Yes+ShowRepList=Yes+RepType=0+KEEP.POPUP_NAME=" + top.name +
                          "+KEEP.PARENT_DIV=" + window.frameElement.parentNode.id + "+KEEP.attmnt_parent=$args.persistent_id";
       AddFile(0, 0, 0, add_file_src, 50 );
    }

Although the requirement is only to add the Add Document button; I think they will come back later and ask that the entire Attachments notebook tab be added to the bottom of the Status Update form.  Please let me know if anyone has already completed this modification.

TIA,

J.W.

• 2.  Re: Add Attachments button function to Status Update form

Posted Oct 05, 2017 01:55 PM

Hi JW - as you already know, this one is a customization that we are not able to assist with from a support perspective.  I think that there is probably someone out here on the community that has done this (meaning copied the attachment function to another form), and am hoping they can share that with you.

Community Folks... anyone have anything they can share with JW on this one??

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Add Attachments button function to Status Update form

Posted Oct 05, 2017 02:08 PM

Thanks, Jon.

Yes, the customers have been informed as to the limits of Support should there be issues.

The good news is that this is really just a copy and paste update and no other custom code was required (see below).

Regards,

J.W.

• 4.  Re: Add Attachments button function to Status Update form

Posted Oct 05, 2017 02:30 PM

Tomorrow is Friday!

You are a day early...

Keep chuggin

• 5.  Re: Add Attachments button function to Status Update form
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 05, 2017 02:06 PM

Another "DOH!".

I was testing only in WSP Preview.  Once I actually Published the new form, it works as expected.

(is it Friday, yet?)

J.W.