Clarity Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Knowledge documents and expiration

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Knowledge documents and expiration

Posted 11-16-2017 02:29 PM

Hello, I can't figure a way to ensure that documents that have passed the expiration date would not display to CA SDM users.

I'd like that the Knowledge manager be able to see that document in kt_document_view.htmpl a message when a document is still published but expired and that other SDM users would not see the content of the page.

I tried things like <PDM_IF "$args.EXPIRATION_DATE_INT_DATE + new Date().getTime()/1000)" \> "0"> or 

<PDM_IF "$args.EXPIRATION_DATE_INT_DATE \> new Date().getTime()/1000)" > but that did not worked.

When I just display the calculation for a test on the webpage it works but the PDM_IF condition never seems to get in.

<script type="text/javascript">
    document.write(($args.EXPIRATION_DATE_INT_DATE - new Date().getTime()/1000) + "<br/>");
    </script>

Or is there a way to get the current date to use for validation in the PDM_IF clause?  Like Server variable ($session.GetDate??)

Or on the other hand, is there a parameter in SDM that can be defined when a knowledge document reaches it expiration date it would get retired?

Thanks for you help

• 2.  Re: Knowledge documents and expiration
    Best Answer

Posted 11-17-2017 09:24 AM

Hi Benoit,

I am not sure how to do this using code, BUT, from a process perspective, why wouldnt you set the system so that when a document expires, it automatically gets unpulished, and then you can simply use a data partition to prevent users from seeing expired documents?

Jon

• 3.  Re: Knowledge documents and expiration

Posted 11-20-2017 04:00 PM

Hi Jon,

I found a solution to that issue, found out in the configuration that every knowledge document that get expired get retired. The problem was with documents that did not have expiration date setted on. I gave the knowledge manager a

scoreboard query so he'd be able to find out documents that never expires.

I also setted that constraint so that users that are not the knowledge manager would not be able to see expired documents.

Thanks

• 4.  Re: Knowledge documents and expiration

Posted 11-20-2017 04:47 PM

Thats great!  So my post was true - you guys just need to have an expiration date on the documents

• 5.  Re: Knowledge documents and expiration

Posted 11-27-2017 04:13 PM

Hi Benoit,

Look like you had solution. Please mark the question Answered.