CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Can you have a location be marked for Special Handling/'VIP'?

Posted Apr 20, 2017 09:34 AM

We have a situation where our help desk would like to have all users reporting issues and filing requests from certain locations be marked for special handling.  We would use this for VIPs like executives at a corporate headquarters, high priority projects from a development center, or if a certain site was continuously experiencing issues.  Changing every user at each location is time consuming and many users move from one location to the next so having to update their contact record each time would be a hassle.  Since you have to provide a location for each ticket, tying the special handling flag to that would provide the most benefit for our users.  Please advise.

• 2.  Re: Can you have a location be marked for Special Handling/'VIP'?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 20, 2017 10:15 AM

Hi Richard,

Currently there is no link between location and VIP status in the product.  Something like this would require custom code, or would be treated as an enhancement which you can post here as an idea in the communities.  Then folks can vote for it and product management will review it.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Can you have a location be marked for Special Handling/'VIP'?

Posted Apr 20, 2017 04:36 PM

Hey John,

I created an idea for this in the hopes that someone else may find it useful and included a couple different forms it could take.

https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235735344

• 4.  Re: Can you have a location be marked for Special Handling/'VIP'?

Posted Apr 21, 2017 07:41 AM

Thanks Richard - I voted for it, make sure you vote for your own ideas as well - it showed 0 votes when i looked at it and then I added my vote so its now at 1.

have a great weekend!

Jon