CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Creating Change Order on CA-SDM 14.1 from JIRA

Posted Aug 16, 2017 10:29 AM

Hi All, 

I need help on creating change order and tasks in CASDM 14.1 from JIRA. 

Developers are using JIRA and they need o create Change in CASDM on time to time basis, we need this to be created automatically from JIRA. 

If anyone have dome it please help me understand the process? 

Thanks 

Asheesh 

• 2.  Re: Creating Change Order on CA-SDM 14.1 from JIRA
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 16, 2017 10:46 AM

Hi Asheesh,

The options for outside applications creating tickets in SDM are to use SOAP or REST web services, OR the text-api, or maileater.  JIRA would have to send a web services call to SDM (using either SOAP or REST), to create or update a ticket in SDM.  You can also use either the text-api command line interface to create tickets or use maileater to create tickets based on an email sent by Jira to a specific mailbox that SDM would check.   You can find out more on those items here:

REST API:  CA SDM REST API - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Text API & Maileater: CA SDM Text API Interface - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Creating Change Order on CA-SDM 14.1 from JIRA

Posted Aug 16, 2017 11:29 AM

Thanks Jon_Israel for the quick reply,

Can you help me with a example on this if we test API to start, as I am new to REST API this will be  great help to understand the basics. 

Thanks 

Asheesh 

• 4.  Re: Creating Change Order on CA-SDM 14.1 from JIRA

Posted Aug 16, 2017 12:47 PM

Hi Asheesh - I wouldnt be able to provide you with specifics, however there are examples in the documentation that you may be able to use here: REST HTTP Methods - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

We use a tool called "Postman" (its free) to test REST web services operations.

Keep in mind that Jira would need to have the ability to send outgoing REST web services calls to SDM for this to work for you.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: Creating Change Order on CA-SDM 14.1 from JIRA

Posted Aug 16, 2017 01:04 PM

Jon_Israel Thanks for the update, I will try and update you. 

• 6.  Re: Creating Change Order on CA-SDM 14.1 from JIRA

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2017 10:54 AM

Asheesh............

Were you able to successfully create a SDM ticket using WebServices based on the information that Jon_Israel provided?

• 7.  Re: Creating Change Order on CA-SDM 14.1 from JIRA

Posted Aug 23, 2017 10:11 PM

Hi Paul, 

I am still not clear on the concept how these two different tools will interact with each other like how a field in JIRA can create a Change order in CASD 14.1 with tasks attached. Very new to this so if you can give me some more information on the same. 

With Restful call I was able to get info using powershell but how it will work with JIRA is a question for me where I am not able to get any info. 

Thanks

Asheesh 

• 8.  Re: Creating Change Order on CA-SDM 14.1 from JIRA

Posted Aug 23, 2017 11:29 PM

Hi Asheesh - we are not able to provide you info on how to configure JIRA to pass REST web services calls to CASD as JIRA is not our product.  For that you would need to contact JIRA support to ask what capabilities their product has for outgoing REST web services calls.  We can only advise you as to what protocols and interfaces will allow you to interact with CASD.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 9.  Re: Creating Change Order on CA-SDM 14.1 from JIRA

Posted Sep 01, 2017 06:02 AM

Hi Jon, 

I understand that part, I want to know how a change order will be created in  CASD. 

The commands to create a change order that will be a good start point for me, I will modify it as per my environment. 

Thanks 

Asheesh