CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Custom reports don't return actual data.

Posted Jan 09, 2018 01:36 PM

When I run a custom report on the BI launch pad, it does not return updated data against the production database.

If I try to refresh the report the message below is displayed:

Msg in EN: You do not have the right to access data returned by this universe.

If I try to re-execute the report's query the message below is displayed:

Msg in EN: Universe not found

How can I verify what Universe this report refers?
    How can I point the reports to the production database that to it return actual data?

Env:

SDM 14.1.02

BOXI 4.1 SP3

• 2.  Re: Custom reports don't return actual data.

Posted Jan 10, 2018 07:41 AM

Hi Albino,

Question 1
    How can I verify what Universe this report refers?

I'm thinking about one of the possibility
    When you export the report, you can choose to include dependents object, then we could choose universe to see which universe this report is using.

Launch CMC, choose "promotion management" , create a new promotion to export the report in question.

You do not need to export to the report, it is just to see the required universe for this report

Question 2
    How can I point the reports to the production database that to it return actual data?
    You can modify the odbc connection to connect to another server

I would strongly suggest to do a backup first.

Launch the Universe designer, and verify the odbc dsn this universe use

Modify the odbc DSN per this screen shots

• 3.  Re: Custom reports don't return actual data.

Posted Jan 10, 2018 09:45 AM

Hey Albino, 

Does this happen for only 1 custom report or all custom reports? The Universe Not Found error usually occurs when there is a change in CUID's. So if all custom reports returned this error, it is possible that the derived Universe CUID has changed(can happen if it was copied from original, and then original might have been deleted. Or if you save the universe without security privileges defined for all users). You can determine if its all custom reports and then use Christophe's recommendation to find out which universe specifically is being used with the problematic reports.

Regards, 

Brandon Persad

• 4.  Re: Custom reports don't return actual data.

Posted Jan 10, 2018 11:49 AM

Hi guys!

All custom reports have this problem.

Using Christophe's recommendation I can not see any dependencies in the reports:

When I try to import the derived universe to check the odbc dsn in use, the universe designer closes without displaying error messages. Does this padlock symbol beside the universe name means something?

• 5.  Re: Custom reports don't return actual data.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2018 12:20 PM

Albino,

I also suggest you to take a look at below document to see if this information is helpful.

When running a CA Business Intelligence (CABI) report, the following error is received: "You do not have the right to ac… 

Regards,

Roberto

• 6.  Re: Custom reports don't return actual data.

Posted Jan 10, 2018 05:08 PM

Albino,

CA create universe to reach sdm server. The method given assume we use default method done by SDM installer to have report confinuged to use the universe as data source.

But boxi report has other method to reach the database

The boxi packaged with sdm allow these three other data sources to get data

May be other datasource is available, chrystal report may also be configured for other datasource.

If your report could refresh without universe, you will need to reach the person who created these report to get more detail on the data source of by these reports and modify the data source accordingly.

Regards,

Chris