CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Deloy of Unified Self Service over Oracle 12cRAC with PDB/CDB

Posted Nov 29, 2017 12:47 PM

Hi all,

I'm trying to deploy USS 14.1 running with Windows Server 2012R2 and Oracle 12cRAC with PDB/CDB configuration.

I can run SDM, SC and PAM over this platform but have problems when deploying USS.

Installation finishes with error to server connection. The product does't run and 6 war files are still in deploy folder. 

Apply the procedure "Unable to Deploy Unified Self-Service" at https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/release-information/known-issues/unified-self-service-known-issues does not work.

If I manually create the tablespace and USSDBADMIN user, the installer creates 171 tables but war files are not deployed in the same way.

Restarting the USS Windows service not deploy the war files.

USS is supported with Oracle 12cRAC: Supportability Matrix - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation  but CA suppport team cannot help me because of this: https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1213257.html

What do you suggest? What if I make a manual deploy of war files? May it works? 

Regards,

Fabio.

• 2.  Re: Deloy of Unified Self Service over Oracle 12cRAC with PDB/CDB

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2017 02:00 PM

Even if the manual deploy of the WAR files work, your USS install would still be in an unsupported state because of TEC1213257.

My advice would be to use a certified and supported DB platform for the installation.

In addition, please raise an IDEA for the certification of Oracle 12c RAC with PDB/CDB

• 3.  Re: Deloy of Unified Self Service over Oracle 12cRAC with PDB/CDB
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 29, 2017 03:02 PM

Thank you Paul.

I entered the idea here: Certify Service Management running on Oracle 12cRAC with CDB/PDB 

• 4.  Re: Deloy of Unified Self Service over Oracle 12cRAC with PDB/CDB

Posted Nov 29, 2017 08:36 PM

Thanks fgalarraga - I will mark your post as correct. 

Have a great week!

Jon I.