CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Catalog Manager Levels not displaying in Policy Assignees

Posted May 03, 2017 10:09 AM

Hi all,

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue whereby they are unable to search and select a manager as an assignee from the manager hierarchy after having created a policy.

Upon clicking on the magnifying glass to change the assignee, I'm presented with the screen to search for either a user, group or manager.

I select the manager as the assignee type, and type in a number between 1 and 99 into the manager level field and click on the magnifying glass circled in red.

I receive results for a split second before they disappear again.

Has anyone had this issue or am I doing something wrong?

The manager field is populated with a manager of the person, and I have roughly 40,000 contacts loaded.

• 2.  Re: Catalog Manager Levels not displaying in Policy Assignees
    Best Answer

Posted May 03, 2017 12:09 PM

Hi Muhammad,

I just ran a quick test on 14.1.02.02 and noticed the same behavior. In checking our knowledge base it seems we have seen this on 12.9 and 14.1 which required a fix in both cases. If you are using 12.9 I would recommend applying CP2 which includes the fix for this:

T52W090 Policy lookup for Manager assign type is not working in policy designer.

CP2: SAP Portal Services 

If you are using 14.1 I would recommend raising a case with support referencing fix T6D9160.

Thanks,
    Jason

• 3.  Re: Catalog Manager Levels not displaying in Policy Assignees

Posted May 03, 2017 03:30 PM

Hi Jason_Wolfe,

Thanks for your response.  

I've logged a support case and await feedback. As soon as the fix is provided and installed, I'll update this post.

Kind regards,

Muhammad