CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Change language on tables/alerts in Service Catalog

Posted Mar 10, 2017 07:27 AM

Hi, 

I'm in a situation where I have to change the language in the whole Catalog, because it's gonna be used by people with different native languages.

I've managed to find how to change the language in all places except for two, and these are:

• on column headers in tables created in forms
    • in alert pop-ups created through scripts in forms

Does anyone have any idea how this can be done?

And can it be done from something similar to a configuration file, where you can change multiple tables/alerts at once?

Kind regards, Johannes

• 2.  Re: Change language on tables/alerts in Service Catalog

Posted Mar 12, 2017 12:30 AM

Hi Johannes,

you can use Localization editor. This tool should help you to to localize all necessery information in forms, including column headers in tables.

If you need to translate a lot of forms, look into ixutil documentation. There is described way how to prepare localization in advance and import it at once.

The variable .user.localeLanguage can help you to show your custom alert pop-ups in correct language.

• 3.  Re: Change language on tables/alerts in Service Catalog

Posted May 16, 2017 05:38 AM

Hi, thank you for the answer.

But i can't really get this to work.

Lets say I have this table:

This is in swedish. If I want to change "Personal" or "Namn" to english here, I go to localization and set it to English(United States), like below, and then change the Local Value to the english translation:

If I use an english broswer, the table should display my english translation, right?

But it does not. The rest of the catalog is in english, but not my changes in the table.

What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards, Johannes

• 4.  Re: Change language on tables/alerts in Service Catalog

Posted May 23, 2017 04:59 AM

I solved it, someone created the headers as labels, which could not be translated.

Thank you.

• 5.  Re: Change language on tables/alerts in Service Catalog

Posted Mar 12, 2017 12:51 AM

In addition to what @milan.ziga mentioned - this is basically how you can localize the headers in tables - there is also a way to add localization to text displayed dynamically through scripts attached to forms:

- declare the variable containing the text in USM_HOME/filestore/custom/locale/<locale>/forms/custom_forms.xml

- refer to that variable text in the form script as ca_fd.custom_xslcontentform_<VAR_NAME>

See the USM_HOME/view/webapps/usm/explorer/scripts/ca_form_lib-expanded.js file for an example.

If you want to extend the (built-in) forms validation messages and other labels (i.e. calendar labels, 'this field is mandatory', etc.), then there is no way to do this easily if your locale is not supported by Service Catalog.

• 6.  Re: Change language on tables/alerts in Service Catalog

Posted May 23, 2017 05:00 AM

Hi, 

Thank you, this worked just fine!

Kind regards, Johannes