CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA SDM Contact Comma Seperation

Posted Jan 23, 2017 07:21 AM

Hello,

SDM shows contacts as comma seperated. I want them to be shown without comma. How can i achive it?

For example, as mail message templates i use following line and it shows in the mail as attachment "mail.png" or when i let an analyst user search a contact from SDM it shows like screen.png.

User Name : @{esc_style=html keeplinks=yes justify=line:customer.combo_name}   

Thanks for the replies.

Regards,

Barış

• 2.  Re: CA SDM Contact Comma Seperation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2017 11:33 AM

Service Desk is using the attribute "combo_name" which combines the following attributes in this fashion: "last_name, first_name middle_name". It may be possible to create some custom spel code to alter combo_name to present the information differently, but I'm not aware of an example of this customization.

• 3.  Re: CA SDM Contact Comma Seperation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2017 11:45 AM

Baris, maybe you can change the message template like

User Name : @{esc_style=html keeplinks=yes:customer.first_name} @{esc_style=html keeplinks=yes:customer.last_name}

so the message display something like

User Name: Joe Grasse

instead of

User Name: Grasse, Joe

?

2cents for your consideration

Thanks

Chi

• 4.  Re: CA SDM Contact Comma Seperation
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 25, 2017 07:38 AM

Hi Baris

The combo_name format can be changed via .mod file customization. Basically you need to create another derived combo name. See this example I wrote a while back on one of the external sites:

Changing Display of Contacts - SDU 

Once you have this, you can then reference this on the relevant forms so that it displays in the format you desire.

Kind Regards,

Brian