CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA SDM 17.0. Process incoming mail

Posted Jan 25, 2018 06:23 AM

Hello everyone,

we are currently testing on CA SDM 17.0 and are encoutering the following issue:

Once a mail is sent to SDM and processed to generate a new incident/... the e-mail subject is prepended to the incident/...-summary surrounded by square brackets and dashes followed by the first part of the mail body.
    We now would like to change this behaviour to act as follows:
    - the exact e-mail subject is copied to the incidient/...-summary w/o any square brackets, dashes or else
    - the e-mail body (w/o the prepended subject) is copied to the incident/...-description

Is there any recommendation on how to achieve this behaviour? TextAPI possibly?

Best regards,
    Steffen Knipp

• 2.  Re: CA SDM 17.0. Process incoming mail
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 25, 2018 09:12 AM

Hi Steffen - here are some docs that may help:

For the Subject/Summary part:  When creating tickets in Service Desk Manager via the email interface, is it possible to make the "Summary" field on the… 

For the description part - this may help: What is the correct way of using %DESCRIPTION variable in an email sent to Maileater? 

Now I am not sure about removing the additional characters - that may be part of your subject filter there, but I am not sure off hand.

Hope these help a bit.

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: CA SDM 17.0. Process incoming mail

Posted Jan 31, 2018 02:15 AM

Hi Jon,

thanks for your help. Turned out that we had an issue with incoming mail beeing retransformed to HTML and thus not beeing processed correctly (waiting for 17.1 on this).

Additionally, we simply did too much expect CADM to behave like our current solution with the "summary" beeing only the mail subject which and no real summary of the content of the mail.

Best regards,

Steffen