CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Reopened Tickets in CA SDM

Posted May 08, 2017 05:17 AM

Hi,

I want to get the count of reopened tickets(R/I/P) in reporting. But I cant segregate the normal ticket with Reopened ones. What procedure should I have to follow in SDM for this segregation. Please guide.

Thanks

Ishani

• 2.  Re: Reopened Tickets in CA SDM

Posted May 08, 2017 08:12 AM

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks

Ishani

• 3.  Re: Reopened Tickets in CA SDM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2017 04:22 PM

When a ticket is reopened, do you see a reopen log recorded in the Activity log of the ticket?

If so, you would need to create a custom report that queries currently open tickets AND they contain the reopen log in the Activity Log.

In addition, you could create a new status and have users use this status when a ticket is reopened.

Hope this helps.

• 4.  Re: Reopened Tickets in CA SDM

Posted May 10, 2017 05:56 PM

Hi Paul_Coccimiglio,

just a simple query I was trying to segregate Reopened and not reopened ticket

Reopened Tickets query -Working

Select distinct ref_num  from call_req ,act_log where act_log.call_req_id=call_req.persid and act_log.type = 'RO' and call_req.type='R'

Not Reopened Tickets query -not working(can not exclude the reopened ones,reopened are also showing)

Select distinct ref_num  from call_req ,act_log where act_log.call_req_id=call_req.persid and act_log.type != 'RO' and call_req.type='R'

Any help on this?

Meanwhile, Is it possible to add a reopen counter in ticket itself and increase the counter once ticket gets reopened.

If possible can you please help me to implement that.

Thanks

Ishani

• 5.  Re: Reopened Tickets in CA SDM

Posted May 11, 2017 04:00 AM

Hi,

assuming your reopen ticket as those moving out from a resolve status the below must do the trick.

May you want it for ticket moving from inactive to active you can just apply the same technic just using the active flag vs. the resolve flag in the spl code.

Just written here out of my head and as usual warning customization are not supported so use at your own risk.

Create a new field on your new cr object:

z_reopen INTEGER

{
          ON_NEW DEFAULT 0;
          };

Add a new method/trigger to your cr object:

OBJECT cr {
     METHODS {

z_reopen_control(...);

};
         TRIGGERS {
      POST_VALIDATE z_reopen_control(status) 370 FILTER ((EVENT("UPDATE") && status{});
        };
    };
    Create a new z_reopen.spl with the code below:
    cr::z_reopen_control(...)
    {
    //set few variable
     int reopen;
     int resolve;
     int pre_resolve;
     string oldstatus;
     resolve=status.resolved;
     reopen=z_reopen;
     oldstatus=argv[2];
     // let's now get the previous status and set the pre_resolve var... 
     send_wait(0, top_object(), "call_attr", "crs", "sync_fetch", "STATIC", format("code = '%s'", oldstatus), -1, 0);
     if (msg_error()) {
      set_error(msg_error());
      set_return_data(msg[0]);
      logf(ERROR, "Cannot get old status");
      return;
     }
     object statusList;
     statusList = msg[0];
     int statusListLength;
     statusListLength = msg[1];
     if (statusListLength > 0) {
      send_wait(0, statusList, "dob_by_index", "DEFAULT", 0, 0);
      if (msg_error()) {
       logf(ERROR, "error getting dob_by_index");
       return;
      }
      object objOldStatus;
      objOldStatus = msg[0];
     }
     pre_resolve=objOldStatus.resolved;
    // now that all var are set we can start our logic to increment the counter
    if((resolve == 0) && (resolve != pre_resolve)){
       // incrementing the number of reopen
       reopen +=1;
       send_wait(0, this, "call_attr", "z_reopen", "set_val", reopen, "SURE_SET");
       if (msg_error()){
        set_error(msg_error());
        set_return_data(msg[0]);
        logf(ERROR,"Error incrementing reopen status",msg[0]);
        return;
       }
    }
    }
    Hope this help
    /J

• 6.  Re: Reopened Tickets in CA SDM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 11, 2017 09:49 AM

Hi Ishani,

Here is an alternate solution but only on one condition. Many customers do not use the "Severity" field for R/I/P. If that is the case for you, there is a quick solution to your case.

Hide the field "Severity" in your R/I/P form. Set any of the values of the "Severity" to some thing like "Re-Open Ticket". For our example, say we set the value of Severity 3 to "Re-Open Ticket". By default it is like "3-Mgr Esc". Now create an event to set the "Action" when true to set the severity to 3 (there is an OOTB macro available to do that). Now for the Activity Notification called Reopen (RO), add this event.

So, when you have a 'Re-Open' situation, the severity of the ticket will be set to '3' or by above definition "Re-Open Ticket". Search for all tickets with Severity '3' and you will get your count.

Again, as I said, this can only work if you are not using the "Severity" field in R/I/P (all of them).

Thanks,

Indra.