CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I want to start a service type event after a ticket is reopened....how am I supposed to do that??

• 1.  I want to start a service type event after a ticket is reopened....how am I supposed to do that??

Posted Aug 28, 2017 04:30 AM

Suppose a ticket is resolved before its SLA gets expired.. and the ticket is again opened (from resolved). I want a new service type event should start. Can anyone please suggest something??

• 2.  Re: I want to start a service type event after a ticket is reopened....how am I supposed to do that??

Posted Aug 28, 2017 10:05 AM

Hi  Megha,

One way is to create a 'Reopen' status. This status can then be configured to attach a Service Type Event.

Hope this helps somewhat?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: I want to start a service type event after a ticket is reopened....how am I supposed to do that??

Posted Aug 29, 2017 03:11 AM

Brian_Mathato......Thank you for your suggestion...I tried the same but when I am resolving an incident, the Events attached to it are getting delayed and starting again when I am switching the status to Reopen. A new event is getting attached when the old event is getting completed. I want that when an incident is resolved, all the SLAs get cancelled, and when i change its status to Reopen, new service type event gets attached. Can someone please guide me step by step???

• 4.  Re: I want to start a service type event after a ticket is reopened....how am I supposed to do that??

Posted Aug 29, 2017 03:23 AM

Hi Megha,

I think to cancel all the SLA completely, you might have to use the 'Cancel' status instead of the 'Resolved' status.

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 5.  Re: I want to start a service type event after a ticket is reopened....how am I supposed to do that??

Posted Aug 29, 2017 04:20 AM

how to configure a status to attach a service type event??

• 6.  Re: I want to start a service type event after a ticket is reopened....how am I supposed to do that??

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2017 10:24 AM

Hi Megha,

I think uou want to set the value as Yes for 'Stop Service Type Events and Targets?' for stopping all the SLA. Have you tried this?

• 7.  Re: I want to start a service type event after a ticket is reopened....how am I supposed to do that??

Posted Aug 30, 2017 02:01 AM

yes...it just pauses the SLA clock in that particular status.

• 8.  Re: I want to start a service type event after a ticket is reopened....how am I supposed to do that??

Posted Aug 30, 2017 02:39 AM

To automatically clear all the current service type events you could try marking the status 'Resolved' with 'Make Active' set to 'No'.   That might not align with reporting and stored query requirements, because Inactive tickets disappear from the standard lists.  If marking Resolved tickets as Inactive is not valid in your environment, then you may have to resort to some spel to cancel all events.

Having done that, you could add an Event to the Activity Notification 'Reopen', to fire an Attach Event macro, to attach a new service type event to the ticket.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

James

• 9.  Re: I want to start a service type event after a ticket is reopened....how am I supposed to do that??

Posted Aug 30, 2017 03:39 AM

I marked the status 'Resolved' with 'Make Active' set to 'No'. That is cancelling all the previous SLAs attached. That is great, Thank you! I set the Activity Notification for status 'Reopen' to fire the new events, but this is not happening. Now what should I do?? I just need the new events to fire when the ticket status changes from 'Resolved' to 'Reopen'. First the old SLAs should get cancelled, which is happening. The new events are not getting attached. I am half done.

• 10.  Re: I want to start a service type event after a ticket is reopened....how am I supposed to do that??
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2017 04:35 AM

Hi Megha,

You need to attach an Event with a Macro - Macro Type Attach Event as per below. I was successfully attach an event to a ticket when a ticket was reopened.

Reopen Activity Notifiaction

Test 01 Event Detail screen,

Test 01 Macro Detail screen,

After reopened the ticket, the Event specified on the above Test 01 Macro Detail screen was attached automatically.

Hope the above settings will work on your server too.

Thank you,

Kaori

• 11.  Re: I want to start a service type event after a ticket is reopened....how am I supposed to do that??

Posted Aug 30, 2017 05:13 AM

I did the exact same thing Kaori_K.... And I can see that in your server it is working absolutely fine. I tried the exact same but it is not working on my server. I do not think that there can be any further solution. Anyway, Thank you so much all for helping me out. It really helped me a lot. 

• 12.  Re: I want to start a service type event after a ticket is reopened....how am I supposed to do that??

Posted Sep 04, 2017 02:11 PM

Hello Megha!!!

If you will cancel the event it will not trigger the same event for same incident ticket for same priority in out of box sdm till you are not changing the priority value, Please go through the admin guide.

Regards;

Jagatjyoti Dash(Software Consultant)