CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to expedite a change order using web services

Posted Jul 20, 2016 09:33 AM

Hi there,

Using CA Process Automation (ITPAM), how do I expedite a change order on CA Service Desk Manager 14.1, via SOAP (Web Services)?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Mo

• 2.  Re: How to expedite a change order using web services

Posted Jul 20, 2016 10:49 AM

Hi Mo,

I think this can certainly be done, however, just to understand a bit more, can you clarify or expand upon what specifically you mean by "expedite" a change order?  Is it that you want to escalate it so it gets more attention?  Or is there another internal business process for expediting something that plays into your workflow there?

Let us know and we can tell you what fields to update on the change order to invoke the desired behavior.

Thanks,
    Jon I.

• 3.  Re: How to expedite a change order using web services

Posted Jul 21, 2016 03:22 AM

Hi Jon,

By expediting a change order, I mean do the following, but with ITPAM (CA Process Automation)

The skip status selection has already been defined and attributed to the relevant workflow tasks on the change order category.

Click on the link at the bottom to view the article.

Expedite a Change Order

You can use the Expedite Change Order command to change the status of unnecessary tasks to Skip so the change order can be completed quickly.

Note: Skip must be defined as a valid status for the task.

To expedite a change order

1. Select Change Orders from the Scoreboard.The Change Orders folder expands to reveal nested folders for Assigned, Unassigned, and All Scheduled change orders.
    2. Select the appropriate folder under Assigned, Unassigned, and All Scheduled for the change order whose children you want to expedite.The Change Order List page appears.
    3. Click the change order number.The Change Order Detail page appears.
    4. Select Expedite Change Order from the Actions menu.The Expedite Change Order page appears.
    5. (Optional) Enter comments in the Remarks field to explain the action.
    6. Click OK.The Expedite Change Order page closes and the Workflow Tasks tab on the Change Order Detail page shows all unnecessary tasks with status of Skip.

Expedite a Change Order

• 4.  Re: How to expedite a change order using web services

Posted Jul 21, 2016 12:39 PM

On the form chg_expedite.htmpl, the 'OK' button causes the Web Engine to call a SPEL function named expedite. I don't know that there is a web services method you can call to invoke this function. Perhaps someone with deeper knowledge on this forum will chime in.

• 5.  Re: How to expedite a change order using web services
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 22, 2016 12:24 AM

You'd need to be able to call a SPL function from Web Services, and I'm reasonably sure that's a non-starter.

Would there be any way of doing a two step? Web Services updates another field in ITSM, a Service Type Event detects change within 10 minutes, and leads to a Macro that can call the SPL trigger(???).

I don't know - I'm just putting an idea out there.

If I was doing this on my own system, I think that I'd be going:

• PAM > Web Services > SDM update.
    • Analyst monitors a Scoreboard/Report/Dashboard or Service Type Event sends a Notification.
    • Analyst kicks off the Change Order Expedite.

Hang on . . . can you complete Workflow Tasks via PAM?  Why go to the Expedite button if this is available? Wait. I'm confused.

We have PAM and can simply close off the Workflow Tasks one by one. Expedite is not needed.

. . . . and now that I Search, I see that you have another post that James has replied to with what I was thinking, but better:

https://communities.ca.com/message/241900745#comment-241900745

Kyle_R.

• 6.  Re: How to expedite a change order using web services

Posted Jul 25, 2016 03:07 PM

Hi myusufk90 - Did any of the responses help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!