CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA ITAM List Management

Posted Jan 19, 2018 05:36 AM

I need to define a new field on ITAM.

It should be a field with a dropdown of 10 values only, thus the user will not be able to fill in rubbish. 

How do I add an item under asset lists when in list management?

When I turn configuration on, there is no option for me to do this. 

• 2.  Re: CA ITAM List Management
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 19, 2018 09:09 AM
      |   view attached

Hi James,

I've uploaded a document that details how to add a 'reference field'.  Any custom fields you want to create are called 'extended fields' and there are two main types of extended fields:  simple (free form text field) or reference (field with drop down list values).   Extended fields are created on global configurations, then under list management, you define the drop down list values. 

See the attached 'How to create a reference field' document for step by step details. 

Attachment(s)

• 3.  Re: CA ITAM List Management

Posted Jan 22, 2018 01:53 AM

Hi Gale, 

Thank you for this, this is very helpful. 

We created a config called  BIS - Local Config - All Families and linked it to a role that only certain people can use. 

If I create a new config and make it Global then I can add an extension field, but this is not an option for below config. 

How can I get around this?

• 4.  Re: CA ITAM List Management

Posted Jan 22, 2018 03:27 PM

Hi James,

It's by design - extended fields can only be added to global configuration, not to local configurations. 

You could hide the extended field on the local configurations where you don't want the field to display. 

Let me know how that goes. 

Best Regards,

Gale Bacon

CA Technologies