CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Scoreboard Node count not updated

  • 1.  Scoreboard Node count not updated

    Posted 02-10-2017 05:06 AM
      |   view attached

    Maybe someone could identify this error.

    A user's scoreboard count for unassigned request ticket is not updated. It doesn't show the updated count no matter how many times she click the "Update Count" tab.

     

    The scoreboared node shows (1) unassigned request ticket but when she click the requests, it shows 4 unassigned request tickets.

     

    She did not customized her scoreboard and already deleted cache and cookies. She have also tried clicking the reset tree.



  • 2.  Re: Scoreboard Node count not updated

    Posted 02-10-2017 08:58 AM

    Hi,

    Can you provide the stored query that is behind this scoreboard node?

    /J



  • 3.  Re: Scoreboard Node count not updated

    Posted 02-10-2017 11:56 PM

    We had this same issue start just all of a sudden in our 14.1.2 version back in June 2016.  Support is still working on it.  The initial fix provided was to install the monitor_joins option and to change the brel cache refresh setting in the nx.env files from this:  @NX_BREL_CACHE_REFRESH=0  to this:  @NX_BREL_CACHE_REFRESH=1 --- (http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec602402.aspx)

     

    Doing this came with the warning that it might impact performance, and it definitely did!  The issue was resolved, but as soon as more than a small handful of people started using the system Monday morning, it was so slow that we had to back out of the changes immediately.  We also tried running a scheduled task that would refresh the cache every 30 minutes, in hopes that it would resolve it without causing performance issues.  It didn't resolve it, so we kept dropping it down 5 minutes at a time to see if there was a 'sweet spot' where it would refresh enough to resolve the issue, but not enough to impact performance.  We found there was no 'sweet spot'.  It went from 10 minutes with no performance issues, to performance issues at 5 minutes and the problem still remained.

     

    The latest status I received in September was that their development team was tracking this case via an internal defect DE29045, and someone on their Engineering team was going to work on it.

     

    Just thought I'd share... It does seem to only impact certain types of queries, but the out-of-the-box queries aren't refreshing so it's not just a bad query I may have created.   

     

    Tammy



  • 4.  Re: Scoreboard Node count not updated

    Broadcom Employee
    Posted 02-14-2017 06:21 AM

    Hi Shrely,

    Could you please review the stdlog file and check if you find any error or what specific query is executed when "update count" button is clicked.

    Confirm the version of CA SDM and any cumulative patch details.

    ~Vinod.



  • 5.  Re: Scoreboard Node count not updated

    Posted 02-20-2017 06:42 AM

    There was no problem with the query as others with the same role seems to not having same issue. 

    My colleague just reset the scoreboard tree and that seemed to address the issue.

     

    The weird part is we already did that and it did not do anything.

    When one of my colleague reset it, it worked.

    SDM kinda works by himself sometimes. 



  • 6.  Re: Scoreboard Node count not updated

    Posted 06-09-2017 08:07 PM

    I just wanted to add an update to my scoreboard 'Update Counts' button issue not working.  It was due to the syntax in a data partition constraint that we had.  Support figured out the cause today and I'm very happy!

     

    The syntax we had was like this:

    NOT (group.last_name IN('name1','name2','name3','name4')) OR (group.group_list.member IN (@root.id)) OR group IS NULL OR customer = @root.id

     

    And there needs to be a parenthesis before the NOT, and the end parenthesis after the part that the NOT is meant for. 

     

    Like this:

     

    ( NOT (group.last_name IN('name1','name2','name3','name4'))) OR (group.group_list.member IN (@root.id)) OR group IS NULL OR customer = @root.id

     

    I'm posting this for 2 reasons --- So that someone else doesn't write the same constraint syntax and cause this issue to happen, and so that anyone who is also experiencing an issue with the 'Update Counts' button not working right can check their data partition constraints for a similar scenario.  Here is the tech doc from support that explains the nature of the issue and the solution:  https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1227794.html

     

    Thanks, Tammy