CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CA BI 6.3.0 install - database user already exists

• 1.  CA BI 6.3.0 install - database user already exists

Posted Sep 06, 2017 05:31 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm performing a CA BI 6.3.0 (JasperSoft) fresh install, using GUI mode. I've chosen the "Custom instalation" option, because I wanted to use a MSSQL server we have. When I reach the "Repository User Details" step, where I need to provide a username for creating in DB, it says that "Database user already exists" (in fact, I've tested any random name and I keep getting this error).

In documentation (link below), it says "The Repository User Details screen appears. Enter a username and password to create a new user, then click Next.".

GUI Installation - CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server - 6.3.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Someone already experienced this error?

Thanks,

Diogo

• 2.  Re: CA BI 6.3.0 install - database user already exists

Posted Sep 07, 2017 06:42 AM

Ho Diogo,  i have not seen this problem before. I don't know specifically what would cause that as you are correct the username and password you put in and then confirm it supposed to be used for the installer to create that username on the database.  Can you tell me if you're running the install media from mounted ISO file or if you've copied it to a folder in the route of a local drive?

Jon

• 3.  Re: CA BI 6.3.0 install - database user already exists

Posted Sep 07, 2017 01:56 PM

Hi Jon_Israel, I've extracted all the ISO file contents to a folder in C:\ because the install guide told to do so. However, I've tried installing directly from mounted ISO, but the wizard give a error in the first step though (pre-requisites).

Thanks, Diogo 

• 4.  Re: CA BI 6.3.0 install - database user already exists

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2017 09:30 AM

Diogo, I think the error message could be misleading. The install log should be more meaningful. Can you post the log here? Thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: CA BI 6.3.0 install - database user already exists

Posted Sep 07, 2017 01:50 PM

Hi Chi_Chen, I agree with you. Do you know where exactly I can find the install log file?

Thanks, Diogo

• 6.  Re: CA BI 6.3.0 install - database user already exists

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2017 03:03 PM

Diogo, did you check %TEMP%? Thanks _Chi

• 7.  Re: CA BI 6.3.0 install - database user already exists

Posted Sep 08, 2017 09:46 AM

Hi Chi, I've checked %TEMP% and AppData/Temp folders, but no log was generated. I've talked to a analyst in a support chat, and it looks like no log is written yet at this point in the installer. So, a support case was opened for this issue.

I'll try to install in another machine to see if I get the same error. In meantime, looks like I'll have to use the old script way for installing JasperReports in production environment.

Thanks,

Diogo

• 8.  Re: CA BI 6.3.0 install - database user already exists

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2017 02:01 PM

Diogo, please continue work this issue using the Support case. The part that surprised me is there is no log until the

install is complete that we can't use any log for clues what happened. I recall that when you manually installing running the batch file you can use -l flag to specify the install log file. Thanks _Chi

• 9.  Re: CA BI 6.3.0 install - database user already exists

Posted Sep 11, 2017 10:14 AM

Yeah, this is strange for me too. Do you think I could open a community idea for this (for updating the log in installer)?

I've decided to give up on the installer... I noticed that I was using an unsupported SO and BD (Windows Server 2016 and SQL Server 2016). The system requirements supports only 2012 R2 versions (System Requirements - CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server - 6.3.0 - CA Technologies Documentation ). This shouldn't be a major issue, but since I experienced some issues with SQL Server 2016 and CA Service Desk 17.0 installing, I think it's better trying something else.

So, I'm using the install.bat script ("Silent Install" - Performing a Silent Installation - CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server - 6.3.0 - CA Technologies Documentatio… ) and PostgreSQL database. And I'm getting this error:

For some reason, it's detecting an previous installation. I've already cleaned the install folders, but it's detecting it anyway. Maybe the issue is in Registry?

Thanks,

Diogo

• 10.  Re: CA BI 6.3.0 install - database user already exists

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2017 11:28 AM

Hello Diogo, what OS version are you now trying the Silent CABI install on?  Was CABI install attempted on this server previously?

Regards,

Richard

• 11.  Re: CA BI 6.3.0 install - database user already exists

Posted Sep 11, 2017 02:04 PM

Hi ritri01, I'm still using Windows Server 2016. Although it's not listed in System requirements page, Windows 10 is, and WS2016 being a corresponding server version of W10, it should work. And I've already installed JasperReports in another machine with WS2016.

Thanks,

Diogo

• 12.  Re: CA BI 6.3.0 install - database user already exists

Posted Sep 11, 2017 01:48 PM

Diogo,

Did you completely remove the original tomcat directory and jdk/jre that was in place from the previous install?  If not I would recommend doing that first, and cleaning all of that out, then reinstalling a supported version of Tomcat and JDK as per the instructions - then see if the install works.  My guess is that its detecting an installation somewhere in the tomcat directory.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 13.  Re: CA BI 6.3.0 install - database user already exists

Posted Sep 13, 2017 01:29 PM

Diogo,

You will find a log file in the temp directory (on my system temp was C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\2) 

and the name of the log file is    CABusinessIntelligence_install_2017_09_13_10_17_12.log  where  "2017_09_13_10_17_12" is time of day setup.bat was invoked.  

The log file is created first thing after invoking setup.bat.

Please look for that file on your system and post it here.  

Regards,

Steve