CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Hide description on call_req area hier form

Posted Jan 13, 2016 03:36 PM

Hi everyone,

In a request/incident form, when clicking on request/incident area, we have to choose an area from a tree view (this form is called hier, as I could see). In each node, there is an area, and beside it, its tenant and description. Our problem is: this description contains some info that should be visible only for our analysts, not for customers in self-service view. Is there a way to hide it only for customers?

I was able to find the source htmpl (hiersel_pcat_cr_ss.htmpl) in default/default interface/form group in WSP, I copied and modified it in a new form group, to keep the default file intact. But I'm stuck in this following code, which I believe that is the "hier generator".

<PDM_LIST PREFIX=list FACTORY=pcat_cr_ss  WHERE="${args.KEEP.HierWc:}"
              HIER_KEY="$args.KEEP.HierKey">
    HierAddLine('<PDM_FMT ESC_STYLE=JS>$list.HIER_level_name</PDM_FMT>',
                '<PDM_FMT ESC_STYLE=JS>$list.COMMON_NAME</PDM_FMT>',
                '<PDM_FMT ESC_STYLE=JS>$list.description</PDM_FMT>',
                '<PDM_FMT ESC_STYLE=JS>$list.REL_ATTR</PDM_FMT>',
             "$list.persistent_id",
                '$list.HIER_is_node','$list.HIER_has_children'<PDM_IF "$prop.MultiTenancy" == "off">);<PDM_ELSE>,
                "$list.tenant", "$list.tenant.name");
    </PDM_IF>
    </PDM_LIST>

I already tried to change the $list.description part, putting a blank string, but nothing happens. Maybe I have to change the javascript funcion. Any idea/help here?

• 2.  Re: Hide description on call_req area hier form
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 14, 2016 01:30 AM

hi,

while you are clicking node tree to expand it, another file is loading: hierload_xxxxx.htmpl,

try to disable description in that file too.

hiersel_***.htmpl files are using only for build initial hier tree.

Regards,

cdtj

• 3.  Re: Hide description on call_req area hier form

Posted Jan 14, 2016 08:26 AM

Great! I tested here and it worked now! In my case, I had to edit the file hierload_pcat_cr_ss.htmpl.

Thanks!