CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Email notification for failed BOXI report or Crystal Report

Posted Jun 10, 2016 10:45 AM

Hi,

I wonder if anyone else has seen this behavior.  I set up an email notification for when either a BOXI report or Crystal Report report fails.  These reports are scheduled to run between 12:00 am and 7:30 am daily/weekly/monthly.  When we restart the SD services or reboot the SD servers, I'm receiving this failed email notification even though the time of the restart/reboot isn't when the reports are running or scheduled to run.  I'm not receiving the failed email on all the scheduled reports - sometimes it maybe just be a few and sometimes its a lot, like last night the services were restarted and the server was rebooted - I received 26 failed email notifications.  I was able to view this list in Instance Manager in the CMC and it has an end time of yesterday's date 6/9/2016 9:00 pm - I'm not sure where it's getting that end date from and why it is happening?

Thanks,

Joyce Lilie

• 2.  Re: Hi,

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 10, 2016 05:20 PM

Hey Joyce,

If I'm correct, SDM was restarted in your env @ 9PM on 06/9/16.  Is it possible that some of these reports were still "running" as in, they're still getting data from SDM?  That would be the most logical explanation as to why the report would have seen a failure, as it lost connection to the underlying database (in this case, SDM object layer).  And so, it reported a failure to you.

_R

• 3.  Re: Hi,

Posted Jun 10, 2016 06:35 PM

HI Raghu,

I'll chime in here to day that I think the real question is why the report is still running, when she doesn't have any reports scheduled to be run at that time.  She is seeing start dates and times on these reports that don't coincide with the schedule that is set up for them.  As an example, one of the reports that failed last night was a monthly report that is scheduled to run on the 1st of the month, at say 1am.  So why would it have been running on a Thursday night, on June 9?

Thanks.

Tammy

• 4.  Re: Hi,

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2016 09:06 AM

Hey Tammy/Joyce,

Sorry about the delay in further response -

I agree that we need to identify if these reports are still "running" somehow.  From report result perspective, do you get the completed reports on email/pdf/xls  etc.,   for these reports?

Thx

_R

• 5.  Re: Email notification for failed BOXI report or Crystal Report

Posted Jun 15, 2016 09:44 AM

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for replying.

No we do not get the completed/success email notification for these reports that are stuck in the 'running' status.  I do have an open case (00408466) with support regarding these.  Support is trying to setup a remote session with me and SAP.  After the services were restarted for anyother reason this past weekend, there were no reports stuck in 'running' until today, when there were 4 still running when I came in the office, I stopped/started the SIA process, and two of these reports ran successfully, but 2 did not, they are still running.  I tried creating a new schedule and ran that new one, but now that's stuck in 'running' as well.

Thanks,

Joyce

• 6.  Re: Email notification for failed BOXI report or Crystal Report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2016 09:46 AM

OK.  So that's the root cause here.  

As those reports never finished (for which we'll try to get a solution out),  we end up getting failure notification when SDM is restarted. I'll checkout this case and see what's going on.

_R

• 7.  Re: Email notification for failed BOXI report or Crystal Report

Posted Jun 14, 2016 05:40 PM

Hi lilmoss - Did any of the responses help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!

• 8.  Re: Email notification for failed BOXI report or Crystal Report

Posted Jun 15, 2016 08:57 AM

No the question hasn't been answered yet.

Joyce