CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Ticket solution in the notification email...

Posted Dec 09, 2015 08:27 AM

How can I add the ticket solution in the close notification email message?

in my "close notification" email message template I found:

Closure / Deletion cause

@{esc_style=html keeplinks=yes justify=line:call_req_id.alg.description}

but it is always empty in the effective email message received by the subjects....

• 2.  Re: Ticket solution in the notification email...

Posted Dec 09, 2015 04:26 PM

If you are considering the comment left by an analyst when they close the ticket as the "solution" then you can include it in your notification by using "justify=line:description".

• 3.  Re: Ticket solution in the notification email...

Posted Dec 10, 2015 05:33 AM

thank you for your reply, it works but gives me the description of the "update status" activity, I prefer to trap the description inserted using the "solution" activity:

here is the detail window of the "solution" activity:

• 4.  Re: Ticket solution in the notification email...
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 10, 2015 09:02 AM

It sounds like you are not sending a notification for the Log Solution Activity. The string "justify=line:description" will do what you want, it just needs to be on the Message Template that you send when the Log Solution Activity occurs on the ticket. If you are seeing the comment left by analysts when they Update Status, then that is the Message Template you modified. I recommend reviewing the Log Solution Activity Notification configuration to determine which Notification Rule is configured and it's associated Message Template. OOTB the Default Log Solution Notification Rule and Message Template should be configured; however it may not be enabled for Auto Notification.

• 5.  Re: Ticket solution in the notification email...

Posted Feb 22, 2016 06:06 PM

I also found that if you add it to the closure activity notification as @{justify=line:description} (if you use text).  Then SDM will send the User Description from the Activity>>Update Status when Closed status is used. 

Nice!

Thanks!

• 6.  Re: Ticket solution in the notification email...

Posted Feb 23, 2016 03:29 AM

not challenging jmascaro answer as this is valid solution but coming back to the initial question:

J4zz, You was not far away but you need to take the correct factory and in consideration that this is a multi relationship and an array is returned.

Therefore assuming you want to have the last solution logged to be part of the close notification then you need to do like below:

@{esc_style=html keeplinks=yes justify=line:call_req_id.soln_alg.0.description}

Where 0 been the first element of the array (last solution logged).

Hope this help

• 7.  Re: Ticket solution in the notification email...

Posted Feb 23, 2016 03:30 AM

not challenging jmascaro answer as this is valid solution but coming back to the initial question:

J4zz, You was not far away but you need to take the correct factory and in consideration that this is a multi relationship and an array is returned.

Therefore assuming you want to have the last solution logged to be part of the close notification then you need to do like below:

@{esc_style=html keeplinks=yes justify=line:call_req_id.soln_alg.0.description}

Where 0 been the first element of the array (last solution logged).

Hope this help