CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Turn off CAB

Posted Jul 14, 2016 10:13 AM

Is there a way to turn off CAB approval/change management easily in CA , say a company is in a change freeze for a period of time. What is the best way to handle that?

Advice always appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Turn off CAB

Posted Jul 14, 2016 10:57 AM

Hi Maria,

This is an interesting one, and a good point to ask for sure!  I believe that most folks just wouldnt have any CAB meetings during the code freeze periods, and thus the approvals wouldnt occur, and the change orders would just sit and wait until the code freeze is over.  I dont believe there is a way out of the box to simply disable CAB functionality.  You may be able to use a Data Partition constraint such that they cant set those changes to approved, but I have never played around with doing that - just a thought if you want to give that a shot.

Hope this gives you a bit of help here.  You can also always post an idea to the communities with your use case to have a way to disable CAB approvals during code-freeze time frames that can be specified and stored.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Turn off CAB

Posted Jul 14, 2016 11:03 AM

Hi,

You can also create a blackout window for the change freeze duration.  Any changes that are created during that start date will have an alert on the top of the detail window.

How to Schedule Change Windows - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

• 4.  Re: Turn off CAB

Posted Jul 14, 2016 11:10 AM

Ok, so my customer is changing it up on me some. They are wanting ALL changes to go through CAB approval, suggestions are welcome. I think Blackout calendar could still be utilized.