CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  ITAM Universe definition

Posted Nov 04, 2015 07:13 AM

team,

I'm supposed to deliver some ITAM reports in CABI which includes some ITAM Universe modifications (adding custom tables and attributes). I'm familiar with CA SDM Universe and it's modifications, but ITAM Universe is new to me.

As I can see in Designer, ITAM Universe is connected directly to the mdb database. But some of the objects are defined similarly to CA SDM Universe - it's definition looks like there is a kind of alias involved.

For example the object "Asset Family" is defined as "asset_attributes.asset_family_name". Where is the definition of asset_attributes.asset_family_name? Is this concept described somewhere? I've tried to search on wiki.ca.com, but without success...

Untitled.png

Thank you,

Jakub

• 2.  Re: ITAM Universe definition

Posted Nov 04, 2015 03:03 PM

HI Jakub,

It's great, you know CA SDM and it's the same tables, I suggest for you looking to Universe Builder.

What i'm speaking.... asset ITAM or CI to CA SDM both are registered on ca_owned_resource (basic data).

asset family it's the same table.

ca_resource_family and ca_resource_class

Other way it's looking for ITAM data Importer.

CASDM_20151104_08.jpg

https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/0/allprod/NA/IT_Asset_Management-ITAM_Data_Importer_Overview.pdf

Regards

• 3.  Re: ITAM Universe definition

Posted Nov 06, 2015 09:09 AM

Hi Tiago,

thank you for your reply.

I know about the shared table concept - the question was more about ITAM Universe structure and object definition which I still don't understand...

Let me mention my Family Name example again:

• Assets are stored in "ca_owned_resource" and "usp_owned_resource" tables. In the "ca_owned_resource" table is family column with family ID's.
    • families are stored in shared "ca_resource_family" table. There is a column "name" with family names.
    • In ITAM Universe the Family Name object is defined as "asset_attributes.asset_family_name"

Since the Universe object definition uses different tables and attributes, it seems that there must be something in the middle. Something which defines asset_attribute table and asset_family_name attribute - similarly to the SDM object aliases.

Thank you,

Jakub