CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Message template notifications - CA ServiceDesk - Change order workflow tasks

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Message template notifications - CA ServiceDesk - Change order workflow tasks

Posted 05-11-2016 02:33 PM

Hi all,

When a certain workflow task in a change order is pending, we attach a macro called "Task Notification".

Linked to "Task Notification is a message template with object type "Change order workflows task".

I believe this html below is out of the box.

Requested by: @{chg.requestor.combo_name}
    Affects: @{chg.affected_contact.combo_name}

Scheduled for: @{chg.sched_start_date}

Priority: @{chg.priority.sym}
    Description: @{chg.description}

Is there a way to show the description for the workflow task rather than the change?

IE: display fields in wf table and not chg table

I tried to no avail.  Description: @{wf.description}

I would also like to display wf.sequence to get the sequence number

Any ideas?

• 2.  Re: Message template notifications - CA ServiceDesk - Change order workflow tasks
    Best Answer

Posted 05-11-2016 03:05 PM

Hi James - if you take a look at the Attribute Alias List in the SDM GUi by going to Service Desk > Application Data > Codes > Attribute Aliases, you can see what attributes are available.  Based on what I see there for the wf task object, the task_description attribute has an alias of task.description - so maybe try this:

Description: @{task.description}

See if that gives you what you want.

Let us know,

Jon Israel

Principal Support Engineer

CA Technologies

• 3.  Re: Message template notifications - CA ServiceDesk - Change order workflow tasks

Posted 05-11-2016 03:09 PM

Hello,

Because the template's object is the workflow task, you should be able to reference fields from that object directly by name.  I recently needed to display the workflow task ID in a notification and found that @{id} worked ... so I'm guessing that @{description} would do the trick for you in this case?

• 4.  Re: Message template notifications - CA ServiceDesk - Change order workflow tasks

Posted 05-11-2016 05:20 PM

Thanks Jon and Hantmd.

If I could I would mark both your answers as correct. Sadly I can only choose one correct answer.

• 5.  Re: Message template notifications - CA ServiceDesk - Change order workflow tasks

Posted 05-11-2016 05:53 PM

Any time sir, glad to help

• 6.  Re: Message template notifications - CA ServiceDesk - Change order workflow tasks

Posted 05-11-2016 10:01 PM

Hello James,

You may flag the other response as "Helpful."

Helpful - helps contribute to a solution.

Correct Answer - is the final piece/major part of the puzzle.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 7.  Re: Message template notifications - CA ServiceDesk - Change order workflow tasks

Posted 05-12-2016 03:50 AM

Makes sense. I have done so.

Thanks all:)