CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Workflows on Request Areas

Posted May 31, 2016 09:26 AM

Hi all,

I am used to adding workflows on a change category, however I would like to add workflows on a request category and am currently struggling.

On the request/incident/problem category, at the bottom I see workflow. To test this out I added one workflow.

Now I create an incident using the category that was edited above.

I would expect to see workflows attached to below incident I created. However, I am not seeing anything?

Am I looking in the wrong place? Or is there perhaps something in Options Manager that I need to install?

• 2.  Re: Workflows on Request Areas

Posted May 31, 2016 10:44 AM

If I recall you need to apply a specific patch  for classic workflow to work correctly on request Area.

If someone recall the correct one please add or searching here must gove you some result.

/J

• 3.  Re: Workflows on Request Areas
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 01, 2016 04:25 AM

Hi James,

The code changes to allow Classic workflow was part of CUM#1 already. So if you have CUM#1 or later the functionality should work.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/release-information/what-s-new-in-this-release/ca-service-management-release-14-1-01-enhancements

If for some reason this is not working for you, log a support case for further analysis and\or troubleshooting.

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 4.  Re: Workflows on Request Areas

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 03, 2016 01:23 PM

The fact that you have the Workflow tasks tab indicates to me that you likely have the patch that includes the ability to add the tasks. Is there a possibility that you have any custom forms or javascript in the server that you can try to remove? I wonder if something is clashing somewhere.

• 5.  Re: Workflows on Request Areas

Posted Jun 06, 2016 07:53 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for the help.

Removing our mods and pointing detail_cr to the OOTB detail_cr fixed the problem.

So the issue is on our side and it is not a CA issue.