CA Service Management

• 1.  Error migrating/moving reports CABI 4.1 SP5

Posted 03-31-2016 10:30 AM

Hi everyone,

I've trying to import reports between two different servers of CABI 4.1 SP5, using the Upgrade Management Tool without success. It works for generating a BIAR file, but when you try to import the file in the same or other server, It throws the error: Version check failed. The source system or source BIAR file must be of an older version. The destination system must be of the current version. (UMT 20012)

Captura3.PNG

After some research, we've found some solutions:

At this thread (https://scn.sap.com/thread/3174076) they say we have to use the LCM (Lifecycle Management Console), but in the installation of CABI there's no LCM

Also we've tried to use the promotion management tool in CMC, we can get an LCMBIAR file, but cannot get it to work to import it.

Captura4.PNG

Hope you can help us.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Error migrating/moving reports CABI 4.1 SP5
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 03-31-2016 04:38 PM

Upgrade Management tool can be used only to migrate data from 3.x to 4.x.  That's why the error.

Promotion Management is the way to go for this.  Maybe this document gives you a better idea?

1. https://docops.ca.com/ca-business-intelligence/4-1sp5/en/administrating --> there's a link to: SAP Business Objects Administration Guide.
    2. Chapter 15 covers Promotion management.  
    3. 15.3.10 specifically is for Promotion using LCMBiar.
    4. I'd recommend trying the Test Promote as mentioned in this section of the doc. It'll give you an idea on if there are any errors etc.,

_R

• 3.  Re: Error migrating/moving reports CABI 4.1 SP5

Posted 03-31-2016 05:49 PM

Thanks Raghu. I appreciate your help.

I was looking for the documentation of CABI 4.1 SP5.

Hope this help others too.

Your response solved this thread, thanks.

• 4.  Re: Error migrating/moving reports CABI 4.1 SP5

Posted 12-28-2016 05:10 PM

You can use the "Upgrade Management Tools" to backup Report, Universe or Full configuratios into BIAR file.

If you need restore object in other CA BO installation, you need to run the "Upgrade Management tools" with the " -internal_use_only_noversioncheck" param

ej: to restore, you need to change the shortcut access

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\CommonReporting4\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\sapjvm\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx8g -Djava.library.path="..\..\..\..\win64_x64" -jar upgrademanagementtool.jar -internal_use_only_noversioncheck

With this you can use this tool to export and import the BIAR objects between different environments of CA BO 4.1

Juan