CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CAB Required for Risk and No E-mail for SKIP Task

Posted Aug 04, 2016 03:35 PM

We have a classic workflow with CAB listed in each change category workflow. There are instances to where a CAB approval portion of the workflow would be required for each category. However, the Risk Level is what we would like to have the determining factor.  Additionally (related), we have been using SKIP for the Task but the notifications are still being sent despite the Task is SKIP; which means they are logging in for no reason. The readings and other questions were not specific enough to point me in the right direction. @

• 2.  Re: CAB Required for Risk and No E-mail for SKIP Task

Posted Aug 04, 2016 09:42 PM

Hello,

I presume your workflow includes CAB approval tasks?  You could code a 'behaviour' for the Pending status that looks at the CO risk and sets the task status to Skip the task if the risk is low (judging from what you write above, you may have attempted that already?).  How are you launching the notifications?  Presumably they're going out when the task turns Pending - which it always will.  It may help if you add a longer delay to allow other behaviours time to complete, and in the condition test whether the task is still pending.  Alternatively you could add the notification to the same 'behaviour' that decides whether or not to Skip the task.  In that case you will have to use a Multiple Notification macro to send the notification, rather than an Activity Notification.

Hope that gives you some ideas!  Please attach some screenshots of your task and behaviour definitions if you'd like some more detailed feedback.

Regards,

James

• 3.  Re: CAB Required for Risk and No E-mail for SKIP Task

Posted Aug 17, 2016 02:38 PM

Thank you for the response and sorry it took so long to get back to you. I am looking into adding the behavior that would look at the risk to auto-set the CAB to SKIP status. I was looking for similar code to modify but was unable to find anything really close to matching that behavior. Any suggestions?  Thanks again.