CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Service Desk Manager: Conditions for Log Comments

Posted May 04, 2016 09:51 AM

Hi,

I am trying to work out what type of condition needs to be created when dealing with Log Comments.

Example:

I want the logic of:

• Run notification rule if condition (Resolver Group = ***)

For instance for Transfers I know I use a Object Type = Request/Incident/Problem or Change Order, with a Macro Type of Si-defined condition

I just need direction if I need to use a Workflow Task object instead.

Regards

Miron

• 2.  Re: Service Desk Manager: Conditions for Log Comments

Posted May 04, 2016 10:14 AM

Miron,

What is the end result that you are looking for here? Can you give us an idea of the bigger picture of what the need is on this? I can only guess here that you are looking to send out a notification to certain contact objects (assignee, group, affected end user etc.) whenever the "Resolver Group" (not sure if that is a custom field you added) is set to a certain value.  If this is the case, then you can use a "multiple notification" macro to do this based on that condition (resolver group=xxxx) being true.

Hope this helps - if not, let us know exactly what you want to do with a use case and we can provide you more info.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Service Desk Manager: Conditions for Log Comments

Posted May 05, 2016 07:02 AM

Jon,

Currently I have a rules for Transfer Activities which when it is assigned to specific group (Resolver Group in CA just group)

E.G:

Current condition for a Transfer is:

Object Type: Change Order

Macro Type: Site-defined

Atomic Condition List:

Sequence: 100

Tenant: ***

Open Group: Blank

Attribute: Group

Operator: Equals

Value: TestGroup

So this allows me to create a special formatted notification if the Group = TestGroup when a ticket is transferred.

What I want is the same or similar logic to apply if a Log Comment is done.

Miron

• 4.  Re: Service Desk Manager: Conditions for Log Comments

Posted May 05, 2016 09:11 AM

Hi Miron,

Sounds like you are simply trying to send a notification for Log Comment when the group is set to '***'. You can simply use the 'Notification Rules'. All you need is to create a condition macro that tests\check the group. If the condition is met, then a notification will be sent.

Does this answer your question?

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 5.  Re: Service Desk Manager: Conditions for Log Comments

Posted May 05, 2016 09:36 AM

Brian,

That is correct. However I suppose where I am unclear is what type of condition/macro am I creating.

I am expecting the Macro Type to be: Site-defined condition.

Would the Object Type be Workflow Task or (Change or Request...)

if I create a Condition Based on Workflow task: the Attributes that I can select are Chg. Order Group, however if I select Change I will have an Attribute of Group to select. In the later example the Group Attribute has an activity type of Transfer. There is not Group attribute of activity type Log Comment. Am I right in thinking that I have to create this Activity Association myself.

Miron

• 6.  Re: Service Desk Manager: Conditions for Log Comments

Posted May 06, 2016 09:06 AM

Hi Miron,

It all depends on the object from which the notification will be sent from and what level you want to check the group against. If the group Object Association you want to check against does not exist, go ahead and create it.

Kind Regards,

Brian