Hi Service Management users. We posted the announcement below on our CA Service Management, CA Service Desk Manager, CA IT Asset Manager, CA Asset Portfolio Management and CA Service Catalog product pages this morning. THANKS to all the team for this exciting new release.
CA Service Management – CA Service Desk Manager, CA IT Asset Manager, CA Asset Portfolio Manager & CA Service Catalog
April 27, 2017
CA Service Management Customers
The CA Technologies CA Service Management Product Team
General Availability Announcement for Service Management 17.0
On behalf of CA Technologies, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services.
As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce the availability of CA Service Management 17.0.
Aligned with our strategic themes of targeted user experience, simplification, and unification of solution components, this release includes the following key features:
1. Contextual Collaboration: Analysts using xFlow can collaborate with other analysts and subject matter experts in the context of a ticket. Conversations and files are retained in the ticket timeline to speed up resolution of similar future tickets.
2. Ticket Follow-up: xFlow now enables analysts to schedule follow-up on tickets along with reminders.
3. Quick Profile: xFlow now provides Support Analysts with enhanced in-context profile and environment information about end users (customers).
4. New consistent look and feel: CA Service Desk Manager, CA Service Catalog, and CA Asset Portfolio Management are updated with a new, consistent UI theme, unifying the look and feel of CA Service Management solution components, as well as xFlow.
5. Improved accessibility compliance for Service Catalog: CA Service Catalog now offers significantly improved accessibility (section 508) compliance for End Users and Administrators.
6. Easy upgrade: CA Service Desk Manager includes a Customization Upgrade Utility that semi-automatically merges customizations with out-of-the-box files enabling a quicker, reliable upgrade of CA Service Desk Manager.
7. Improved compatibility: This release supports recent versions of Operating Systems, Databases, third-party technologies, and other interoperable CA Technologies products.
This release also includes several quality, stability and security improvements, and bug fixes.
You can download your copy of CA Service Management 17.0 from CA Support Online.
We encourage you to visit the CA Service Management documentation wiki for the release overview and how to implement the new version. You can also view a community webcast that provides an overview of this release.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact CA Customer Care online at http://www.ca.com/us/customer-care.aspx where you can submit an online request using the Customer Care web form: https://communities.ca.com/web/guest/customercare. You can also call CA Customer Care at +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see http://www.ca.com/phone for the local number in your country.
Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features, or implementing this latest release, our CA Services experts can help. For more information on CA Services and how you can leverage our expertise, please visit www.ca.com/services. To connect, learn and share with other customers, join and participate in our CA Service Management Community at https://communities.ca.com/.
To review CA Support lifecycle policies, please review the CA Support Policy and Terms located at: https://support.ca.com/. Thank you again for your business.
Connect with CA Technologies
ca.com | about us | contact us | news | events | careers | legal | privacy |
CA, One CA Plaza, Islandia, NY 11749 Copyright © 2017 CA. All rights reserved. All trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.