CA Service Management – CA Service Desk Manager, CA Service Catalog, CA IT Asset Manager - Asset Portfolio Management
May 4, 2017
To: CA Service Management Customers
From: The CA Technologies CA Service Management Product Team
Subject: End of Service Announcement for CA Service Desk Manager 12.9, CA Service Catalog 12.9, CA IT Asset Manager - Asset Portfolio Management 12.9
CA Technologies CA Technologies is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. In accordance with the CA Support Policy and Terms available at https://support.ca.com, please consider this email your written notification that we are discontinuing technical support for CA Service Desk Manager* 12.9, CA Service Catalog 12.9, and CA IT Asset Manager - Asset Portfolio Management 12.9, along with their respective service packs, cumulative patches, and supported languages, effective March 31, 2018. This will allow our Development organization to more effectively focus its resources and add value to the next release of CA Service Management. After March 31, 2018, CA Technologies will continue to make self-service support available until the end of your current maintenance term.
At this time, we encourage you to plan for the migration to CA Service Management 17.0 (CA Service Desk Manager 17.0, CA Service Catalog 17.0, CA IT Asset Manager - Asset Portfolio Management 17.0) as soon as possible, so you can take full advantage of the features and enhancements this release has to offer. For more information on CA Service Management 17.0, please visit CA Service Management 17.0 at CA Technologies Documentation or CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com).
As CA Technologies would like to make your upgrade to CA Service Management 17.0 as straightforward as possible, we are offering the following:
· The latest supported Version/Release of CA Service Management product, at no charge, as long as you have an active maintenance contract for the respective CA Service Management product. Documentation to help you prepare for your upgrade to the new Version/Release can be viewed under the CA Service Management 17.0 wiki at CA Technologies Documentation.
· Engaging CA Services can help you accelerate time-to-value by assisting you with any or all parts of your upgrade. CA Support complements our services team by providing upgrade support services to help ensure your success. Upgrade support services provides 24x7 access to CA Support and direct access during business hours to a designated support resource who will provide support on the End of Service version from upgrade start to finish, and for 30 days after your upgrade is complete. Additional information can be found in Seven Strategies for Successful Upgrade and Upgrade Services available on www.ca.com/services. Please contact your CA account representative to receive a quote for such services.
· Upgrade assistance from qualified local CA partners. For more information and a list of partners in your area, please contact your local CA Channel Partner Group office, (http://www.ca.com/partners.aspx).
· CA Extended Support, a CA Technologies support offering, that extends support for CA Technologies software product versions or releases that have reached End of Service. CA Extended Support may be available for a limited time after the End of Service date. Please note however, that in most cases CA upgrade services will provide a more cost effective and valued approach than CA Extended Support alone. Please visit our website, CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/) for more information.
To review CA Support lifecycle policies, please review the CA Support Policy and Terms located at: https://support.ca.com/.
Thank you again for your business.
* CA Service Desk Manager 12.9 includes CA Unicenter Service Desk, CA Service Desk Knowledge Tools and CA Configuration Management Database (CMDB).