CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  wspcol,wsptbl tables sync with original schema

Posted Feb 02, 2016 11:33 PM

Hi Experts,

I have created few tables and columns by modifying wsp.altercol,wsp.altertbl,ddict.sch,wsp.mods,wspschema.sch files where as i used to replace these files and run pdm_publish command.

everything went fine and the tables,columns were visible in web screen painter, the problem i see is there were no entries found in wspcol,wsptbl tables in database for the newly created objects via file modifications.

how can i sync those tables with the tables and columns information , please help.

I have Tried with pdm_wspupd command but that doesnt worked for me because the command syncs only columns available  wspcol table and compare with wsp_schema.sch and update.

• 2.  Re: wspcol,wsptbl tables sync with original schema

Posted Feb 03, 2016 01:13 AM

Hi,

have you tried to run pdm_publish one more time?

if it displays "nothing to publish error", you can perform "dummy publish",

open wsp -> add any word to any table's description, then remove it -> then confirm changes, this gives possibility to run pdm_publish again,

if this trick give no result, here you can find some useful information how to re-publish data: Re: How to re-publish table into SQL

Regards,

Timur

• 3.  Re: wspcol,wsptbl tables sync with original schema

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 03, 2016 02:14 AM

Hi AnjaneyaRaju,

Steps provided by Timur should work. if you end up any error then please share the screenshot.

~Vinod.

• 4.  Re: wspcol,wsptbl tables sync with original schema

Posted Feb 03, 2016 05:18 AM

No Luck i have tried that before posting here.. when publish the changes from WSP its deleting the tables which are not having entry in wsptbl table.

any ways to sync MDB tables wspcol,wsptbl with wsp_schema.sch

• 5.  Re: wspcol,wsptbl tables sync with original schema

Posted Feb 03, 2016 09:10 AM

AnjaneyRajuE,

Unfortunately we dont support making DB schema changes outside of using WSP Schema Designer.  This will cause problems as you are seeing now. Because those dont exist in wsptbl and wspcol, when you do a pdm_publish, those tables will be removed from the object layer.  This will cause a lot of headache and should be avoided at all costs.  Your best option at this point would be to do this the proper way using WSP schema designer to create all custom tables and columns so they are known by the object layer, and properly populated in the wsptbl and wspcol tables.

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 6.  Re: wspcol,wsptbl tables sync with original schema
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 03, 2016 11:03 PM

I am able to fix the issue after manual entries made in to wspcol,wsptbl tables in database.