CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Can anyone help me with adding a 'Resolved By' field in the SDM detail_in page.

• 1.  Can anyone help me with adding a 'Resolved By' field in the SDM detail_in page.

Posted Sep 01, 2017 12:45 PM

Need to add a 'Resolved By' field in the detail_in page. Since the resolved by person name is only referenced in the act_log how will I make a connection between these two? CA SDM 14.1.

• 2.  Re: Can anyone help me with adding a 'Resolved By' field in the SDM detail_in page.

Posted Sep 02, 2017 12:05 AM

Hi,

Just curious, isn't the Assignee normally the one resolving incidents? I don't think you'll be able to show the resolver based off the logs in the detail form without customization. Let me know if customization is an option. 

• 3.  Re: Can anyone help me with adding a 'Resolved By' field in the SDM detail_in page.

Posted Sep 02, 2017 12:51 AM

Hi Grant Bruneau,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Yes, Customisation is what I am looking for. The situation is like this that there may not be an assignee to every ticket. Sometimes it's only group and sometimes assignee. So fetching the resolved by from the activity log is my requirement. Also need to be able to extract the last comment given by the analyst while resolving the ticket. This will be considered as the solution for that incident.

Regards,

Vysakh

• 4.  Re: Can anyone help me with adding a 'Resolved By' field in the SDM detail_in page.
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 05, 2017 10:32 AM

Hi Vysakh,

Here are the steps to implement a customization which saves the Resolved By user to a custom zResolved_By column.  Can you explain how you would like to see the last comment displayed?  Would this be a specific activity type or the comment from resolving the ticket?

1. Add zResolved_By to schema

2. Save and Publish

3. Create a .spl file with the following contents and place in nx_root/site/mods/magic directory on all sdm servers

cr::zSetResolvedBy(...)
    {
         string method;
         method ="cr::zSetResolvedBy";
         logf(MILESTONE, "%s started", method);

uuid who;
         send_wait(0,top_object(), "call_attr", "cnt", "current_user_id");
         who=msg[0];
         send_wait(0, top_object(), "call_attr", "api", "update_object_super", who, persistent_id, 0, "zResolved_By", who);

logf(MILESTONE, "%s ended", method);
    }

4. Create a .mod file with the following contents and place in nx_root/site/mods/magic directory on all sdm servers

MODIFY cr     POST_VALIDATE zSetResolvedBy() 10010 FILTER(status { -> 'RE'} && EVENT("INSERT UPDATE"));

5. Publish the schema change on background/primary then restart services on app/secondary to pickup the change

6. Add the following line to your detail_in form

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlLookupReadonly hdr="Resolved By" attr=zResolved_By>

• 5.  Re: Can anyone help me with adding a 'Resolved By' field in the SDM detail_in page.

Posted Sep 23, 2017 07:19 AM

Hi Grant,

Your solution worked perfectly for me. Thanks for giving a straight answer. The comment is from when the analyst resolving the ticket. In the act_log the comment given when the status changed to resolved can be considered as the solution.

Regards,

Vysakh

• 6.  Re: Can anyone help me with adding a 'Resolved By' field in the SDM detail_in page.

Posted Oct 14, 2017 03:48 AM

Hi Grant,

Could you please help me with exporting the last comment given by the analyst which will be considered as the solution for the ticket.

Regards,

Vysakh

• 7.  Re: Can anyone help me with adding a 'Resolved By' field in the SDM detail_in page.

Posted Oct 14, 2017 02:45 PM

Hi,

Just curious, are you looking for the last Log Comment or the Comment from the Resolved activity?  And what do you mean by exporting?  Do you want this to be displayed on the detail_in or list_in form?  

• 8.  Re: Can anyone help me with adding a 'Resolved By' field in the SDM detail_in page.

Posted Oct 16, 2017 03:39 PM

Hi Grant,

I am looking for the comment from the resolved activity, the comment analyst provides before he makes the ticket resolved. The objective here is to export the comment through the 'export' button in the list_in form.

Thanks,

Vysakh

• 9.  Re: Can anyone help me with adding a 'Resolved By' field in the SDM detail_in page.

Posted Oct 15, 2017 02:53 PM

would like to add my 2 cents, there is a way to avoid spel and realize customization on form level, code could be (not tested):

<PDM_LIST prefix=list ESC_STYLE=JS2 where="call_req_id = '${args.persistent_id}' AND type = 'RE'" factory=alg domset="MLIST_STATIC">
    if (typeof(zResolvedByName) == "undefined") {
         var zResolvedByName = "${list.analyst.combo_name}";
         var zResolvedByPersid = "${list.analyst.persistent_id}";
         var zResolvedByComment = "${list.description}";
    }
    </PDM_LIST>
    if (typeof(zResolvedByName) === "string") {
         detailRowHdr("Resolved by");
         detailSetRowData("<a href=\"#\" onclick=\"showDetailWithPersid('" + zResolvedByPersid + "')\">" + zResolvedByName + "</a>");
         detailRowHdr("Resolve Comment");
         detailSetRowData(zResolvedByComment);
    }

Regards,

cdtj

• 10.  Re: Can anyone help me with adding a 'Resolved By' field in the SDM detail_in page.

Posted Oct 15, 2017 03:29 PM

Thank you for sharing! Much cleaner as you don't have to add columns or mess with spel code.

Do you know if this approach can work on the list form too? 

• 11.  Re: Can anyone help me with adding a 'Resolved By' field in the SDM detail_in page.

Posted Oct 15, 2017 03:46 PM

• 12.  Re: Can anyone help me with adding a 'Resolved By' field in the SDM detail_in page.

Posted Oct 16, 2017 03:32 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Idea seems great, Can you please tell me where I should position these codes.

Regards,

Vysakh

• 13.  Re: Can anyone help me with adding a 'Resolved By' field in the SDM detail_in page.

Posted Sep 02, 2017 01:20 PM

I agree with Grant here - what is the purpose of adding this field?  Typically the analyst which the ticket is assigned to would be the one resolving that ticket, so there wouldnt be a need to have it as a separate field.

Thanks,

Jon

• 14.  Re: Can anyone help me with adding a 'Resolved By' field in the SDM detail_in page.

Posted Sep 05, 2017 07:11 AM

@ Jon\Grant:

The person resolving the case may not necessarily be the assignee. In a ideal world the assignee is likely to be the person resolving the ticket. However think of a scenario where the assignee is absent (vacation, left the company, sick, etc) and the case needs to be resolved. Any other Analyst can login and simply close\resolve the ticket, without them being the assignee on the ticket. 

@Vysakh:

The information about who closed\resolved the ticket is already part of the 'Logs-->Activities' tab. One can simply go there to see it. See attached screen print:

Hope this helps?

• 15.  Re: Can anyone help me with adding a 'Resolved By' field in the SDM detail_in page.

Posted Sep 05, 2017 07:26 AM

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply. But what I want is when I export the incident list using the export option, I should be able to pull the 'resolved by' information as well. Unless we add the 'resolved by'  field to the detail_in form we won't be able to add that in the export button function. So in this scenario how can we make it happen?

Regards,

Vysakh

• 16.  Re: Can anyone help me with adding a 'Resolved By' field in the SDM detail_in page.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2017 09:46 AM

Hi Vysakh,

If I understand your requirement correct, I see that you are trying to capture a value which might be static but also can be dynamic value (i.e. like assignee). If you want to capture the 'resolved by' user you need to create a field to capture this value separately, so the moment when a user is changing the status to resolved this field has to be updated with that of contact name- log_agent might be one attribute that you can make use of (Customization point 1).

To make use of the export option capturing this new field value, you need to update the list_in.htmpl file to add the new custom field that will have the 'Resolved By' user details.

Hope this helps.