CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Add Field To Add Files Page WSP

Posted Aug 30, 2017 03:19 PM
      |   view attached

I am trying to add a required field that the user verifies the attached file does NOT contain specific types of information; I looked to the "Add Files" (attchmt_upload_popup.htmpl) and I am unable to add it next the Start Upload, Reset, or Close (will not show up). However, looking at this form, I am unable to determine which form the "Repository Name" is kept (its not on the attchmnt_upload_popup.html), because we there appears to be a lot of open space there for addition (see attachment). Even if I had to remove the Repository drop-down that may work because we only have one. Any suggestions? We would like to keep it close to this form so they know exactly what the question is asking (versus saving on the detail_change.htmpl).

• 2.  Re: Add Field To Add Files Page WSP
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 30, 2017 04:22 PM

Hi Jessie, 

Unfortunately we dont support customizing the attachment servlet popup page - which is why I blieve there is no design tab available for that particular form.  I am not sure how best to accomplish what you are looking to do, although I do agree with your use case and I think it would be useful for several customers possibly.  I would say to post this as an idea!   In the mean time, maybe someone out here has been able to get something like that working and can share their info with you.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Add Field To Add Files Page WSP

Posted Aug 31, 2017 10:11 AM

Thank you Jon, I really appreciate the quick response. We will look to add this elsewhere and submit as an idea.

• 4.  Re: Add Field To Add Files Page WSP

Posted Sep 01, 2017 06:41 AM

Hi Jessi,

Perhaps you can have that question a property on the category?

If you are trying to restrict certain file types, then this can be done directly on the attachment resipository.

===

Kind Regards,

Brian