CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Request Areas - Self Service Include option

Posted Jun 12, 2016 09:42 PM

Got a 12.6 instance and have noticed that if I only have the one request area marked with Self-Service Include option set to TRUE and a Self-Service Symbol specified, then in the employee portal when you click on the hyper link to select the request area it returns a blank form.  It will only return values if the number specified is greater than 1.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I've tried it with the mods folder removed out of the way and it still happens.  I've tried it on 14.1 and it works fine there.

I have a requirement to have only one option available, but in my 12.6 instance it doesn't seem to allow it.

• 2.  Re: Request Areas - Self Service Include option

Posted Jun 13, 2016 05:48 AM

How is the 1 category defined that you want displayed defined?

• 3.  Re: Request Areas - Self Service Include option

Posted Jun 15, 2016 03:26 AM

Hello Simon,

How did you end up with just one category there, given that multiple categories are the default OOTB information?

Was it made Inactive, deleted, or removed by data tools (If so, how?), or never loaded in the first place?

Wondering if the method involved may be having an impact. If it is easy enough to do, I can try on a lab box here.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 4.  Re: Request Areas - Self Service Include option

Posted Jun 20, 2016 08:45 PM

Hi gizmo1969 - Any responses for Brian_Mathato and  Kyle_R ? Were you able to resolve? Thanks!

• 5.  Re: Request Areas - Self Service Include option

Posted Jun 23, 2016 04:52 PM

Apologies for the delay in getting back, been rather busy....

This is for just the one tenant within a multi tenant setup.  They have all their own request areas and have requested just the one be available within the employee interface.  If i just have the one where by the Self_Service include option is set to true and all others set to false then nothing appears.  I have to have two request areas set as true, and in the employee interface where they can create either a new request or new incident, those two request areas have to be available within both.  If i have one marked as true for request and one just for incident, then this still doesn't work.  If they are both made available within requests and incidents then all good.

• 6.  Re: Request Areas - Self Service Include option

Posted Jun 24, 2016 03:39 AM

Hi Simon,

Can you please attach a screen print showing how this category is defined? This may help us understand why the category may not be appearing.

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 7.  Re: Request Areas - Self Service Include option

Posted Jul 11, 2016 06:06 PM

Hi Brian_Mathato and Kyle_R - Anything further you can offer for gizmo1969? Thanks!   

• 8.  Re: Request Areas - Self Service Include option

Posted Jul 05, 2016 06:19 PM

request area.png

The other one is identical except it's called Self Service.Incident.

Does this help explain?