We have recently loaded up CABI 4.1 SP5 onto a Windows Server. This server runs ODBC 72. This server also runs CA SDM 14.1 (Cumulative Update #3).
This is an advanced configuration server this server is one of two application servers we have running at this time. The CABI 4.1 installation processed successfully. Server and client installs. As well as the server and client most recent service packs available (and last service packs available) for the CABI application.
LDAP connectivity works fine. Enterprise authentication works fine. Completed the CABI to CA Service Desk configuration to dump the CA Reports as an option into the Info View.
I can login to the system at http://localhost:7080/BOE/BI no problem. I go into the public folder, ca reports, service desk, and run any of the reports within the system. It circles momentarily before providing the following box prompt:
Nothing I enter into this box appears to get me past it. I have spoken with a CA tech for quite awhile on this topic. I have attached the complete log of this conversation this question.
This system is critical for reporting. A case is also in with CA on this topic. Any help/suggestions you can provide in an attempt to resolve this, would be most appreciated.
On a very high level, our SDM reports work like this.
Report - universe - connection (has credentials using which it needs to connect to datasource) - client side data source - SDM odbc server - SDM application - database
The error message you indicated could be about the connection missing credentials, user/pass incorrect, or one of the components of the odbc on the server side are incorrect
Do you know if the universe connection was set to use hard coded connection into sdm (say servicedesk/itspassword) or was it configured to enforce data partitions ?
Unfortunately I cannot answer that question directly as I'm not fully understanding the question. Though we have not done anything with data partitions so I would lean more towards a hard coded connection.
Our production environment also has one other issues our test environment does not. In production our privileged ServiceDesk account does not function. This happened at random about 1/1.5 months ago. It did not impact us directly as we have a number of system administrator accounts. It was not required to setup Jasper.
I do not know if this could be impacting this problem with CABI or not? ...
When I setup the CA SDM Configuration with CABI I authenticated it using a different account. The process completed successfully.
Hopefully, this information is helpful?
Few things to check:
On the server, are both CA SDM ODBC services running?
On the server, launch the ODBC 32-bit and 64-bit ODBC Control Panel. Are there System DSN created in the format of casd_<SDM Server Name>? If you attempt to test these connections with the CA SDM ServiceDesk privileged account, does the connection test successfully?
On the server, launch the Universe Designer application and login with the CABI Administrator account. Open the CA SDM Universe and then perform a test of the connection via TOOLS-> CONNECTIONS.
Yes both CA SDM ODBC services are running:
Yes this is true for both 32-bit and 64 bit:
If I test WITH the privileged account they DO NOT connect:
If I test WITHOUT the privileged account. USING my personal login credentials. It DOES connect:
Universe Builder Connection:
You will NOTICE this test has been done with an AD service account (svc_jasper). It would not work with the SERVICEDESK account due to the same issues outlined above.
Hopefully this additional information will be helpful!
The ODBC connections and the Universe Designer connection should be using the same account.
Once both the ODBC connections and the Universe Designer connection test successfully using the same account, the reports should function as expected.
For some reason, svc_jasper account indicated above would not work when we tried to login to SDM GUI. Same was the case with ServiceDesk account too.
While troubleshooting that, we identified that the ServiceDesk account was locked out on the BG server. Unlocked it and everything works fine now. All reports started functioning too
Worked with Raghu this morning and dove into the problem.
It appears that a lock-out of the SERVICEDESK account on WEBL36 (background server), caused the system to be able to authenticated properly. Unlocking this account resolved the problem and allowed CABI to function!
Thanks to all for your assistance!!