CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Tickets Auto-Assignment

Posted Jan 19, 2017 02:42 AM

Please, what is the exhaustive list of checks I should do to ensure tickets do not fail auto-assignment?

I have tried mapping all users to an active: Location and Group.

Request Areas are mapped with 'Auto-Assignment mode being Location based. Locations and Groups are populated.

Most of the tickets auto-assign correctly but about 5% of them do not. This 5% is about 20 tickets daily and so, it is undesirable as I have to re-assign daily.

• 2.  Re: Tickets Auto-Assignment

Posted Jan 19, 2017 06:08 AM

Hi,

Any workshift defined too as this is the first think been checked by the auto-assignment mechanism?

/J

• 3.  Re: Tickets Auto-Assignment

Posted Jan 19, 2017 06:10 AM

Thank you, Jerome.

Yes, workshift is set too.

• 4.  Re: Tickets Auto-Assignment

Posted Jan 19, 2017 06:10 AM

You may also want to make sure that either the affected asset or affected customer have a location defined in their records.

My 2 cents

/J

• 5.  Re: Tickets Auto-Assignment

• 6.  Re: Tickets Auto-Assignment

Posted Jan 19, 2017 06:28 PM

You can also increase logging for the auto routing process.  This will insert log entries telling you how many groups it found that match the end user.  I've attached a troubleshooting doc we use to test location based routing.

Substitute Location A and Location B with valid locations from your site.

Troubleshooting Location Based Routing

The following steps may help in troubleshooting misrouted tickets.

1. Log into the background server and enable additional logging on the routing process
      • Turn on logging
        • pdm_logstat -f auto.pm milestone
      • Turn off logging
        • pdm_logstat -f auto.pm
    2. Log into the web interface for the background server, switch to the Administrator role, and open up an incident to test with. (We've hidden the Re Auto Assign button from everyone but Administrators)
    3. Set the Affected End User to a user from Location A user, clear the Group, set the Incident Area to an area with Location Based Routing and then Save.
    4. Press Re Auto Assign.
    5. You should see an entry in the logs similar to the following.   If the entry says more than one groups were found then that could be a cause for problems.
    6. Now set the Affected End user to a Location B user, clear the Group, Save, and then Press Re Auto Assign.  You should have a similar outcome with 1 group available for the incident.
    7. Now set the Affected End User to a branch user, clear the Group, Save, and then Press Re Auto Assign.  You should find that 1 group is available for the branch user. 
    8. If the log entry says 2 or more groups available then you need to review the Groups available for the Incident Area.  If a Location isn't specified for the Location A/B support group then they would be available for any Location.
    9. When you are finished troubleshooting turn off the additional logging.  See step 1 for the command.