CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  GRLoader usage

Posted Mar 16, 2017 03:11 PM

Hello. I wanted to see if I could gather experiences from those with extensive GRLoader usage.

When GRLoader jobs run, has the performance of the rest of CA Service Desk even been impacted? An example: users being unable to save incident/problem/change tickets while a GRLoader job was running. If so, was a cause determined?

When GRLoader jobs run, has locking on the MDB at the database level been experienced? If so, was a cause determined?

As a company policy, do you restrict the time of day that a GRLoader job may be run? If so, what precipitated that decision? Is it a blanket policy, or only when a job is greater than a certain number of rows?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: GRLoader usage

Posted Mar 17, 2017 08:47 AM

Hi Ryan,

I can only speak from experience from the CA Support standpoint.  Based on our experience, GRLoader can certainly affect performance of the system when its in use, especially if large amounts of CIs are being loaded in at one time.  The cause for the performance issues is usually caused by the number of DBAgents available in SDM, along with DB Performance itself.  Additionally the domsrvr process is affected as well and will be handling a good part of the load too.  So we usually recommend running GRLoader after hours or on a weekend if it will be a large amount of CIs.

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: GRLoader usage

Posted May 29, 2017 04:13 PM

HI rg502 ,

i belive this job is a kind of sentient and it's better to looking for "best practices" and we are working with schudeles jobs after workhours, or be, try to find some time when it's your lowest audience.

Regards