CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Sorting in CASD tickets

Posted May 23, 2016 11:41 AM

Hello,

How can I perform sorting on various fields(one field at a time) in the CASD application? When I click on the headers, the column data is not getting sorted. Is there a way I can give order by clause in the queries?

Thanks,

Arathi

• 2.  Re: Sorting in CASD tickets

Posted May 23, 2016 01:32 PM

Hi Arathi,

Out of the box you can only sort by one column in any given list form. The ability to sort by multiple columns currently does not exist. You can certainly post an idea here to the communities where folks can vote for it, and product management will review it for consideration for future releases of the product.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Sorting in CASD tickets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2016 02:28 PM

Hi Arathi, I can't see if you faced some problem or just looked for info on how SDM sorts object list. Out of box, SDM schema

and form script dictate what fields are sort-able and what order

the sort will be. For example, for "in" object(the object for incident tickets), a bop_sinfo -dl in shows:

in_list_web STATIC
       Sort Cols: open_date DESC, id DESC, mintime=min(attached_slas.time_to_violation), mintgt=min(target_times.target_

time), status=status.sym, priority=priority.sym DESC, ref_num

in_list_web_active_only STATIC
       Where: active=1
       Sort Cols: open_date DESC, id DESC, mintime=min(attached_slas.time_to_violation), mintgt=min(target_times.target_

time), status=status.sym, priority=priority.sym DESC, ref_num

MLIST_DYNAMIC DYNAMIC
       Sort Cols: open_date DESC, id DESC, status=status.sym, priority=priority.sym DESC, ref_num
    RLIST_DYNAMIC DYNAMIC
       Sort Cols: open_date DESC, id DESC, status=status.sym, priority=priority.sym DESC, ref_num
    MLIST_STATIC STATIC
    RLIST_STATIC STATIC

you can see the list of sort-able attributes and their default sort

order. To change this default sort order you could use

sort="attr ASC" or sort="attr DESC" in lsCol pdm macro. You can even disable the sort by sort=no. Hope this comment helps you further look into what kind of problem/question you are facing. Thanks _Chi