CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Having an issue with the Jaspersoft installer not recognizing that the server has enough disk space

• 1.  Having an issue with the Jaspersoft installer not recognizing that the server has enough disk space

Posted Dec 14, 2016 04:52 PM
      |   view attached

I am currently trying to install Jaspersoft reporting but I am receiving an error that states:

[2016-12-14 16:13:20,976]ERROR[InstallerLog][readerrorlog:291]-16007:Minimal Disk Space Requirement Not Met

The server has more than the 10 GB recommended free space but we are also receiving alerts that the Database Server user does not have sufficient privileges and the "Jaspersoft Repository Database already exists."  The database privilege issue will be taken care of after a request to our DBA's is approved but all of these factors leave me with a few questions:

Are these all related somehow?

Does the already existing database prevent me from going further or is it causing the disk space issue?

Can you have Jaspersoft pull info from the same database that was set up for a BOXI 4.3 install to pull from?

I have been using the following documents among others searched for in docops:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-business-intelligence/6-2-0/en/installing/installing-ca-business-intelligence/prerequisites

https://docops.ca.com/ca-business-intelligence/6-2-0/en/installing/installing-ca-business-intelligence/installing-cabi

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/integrating/cabi-jasperreports-server-r6-2-0-for-ca-service-management/configure-cabi-jasperreports-server-r6-2-0-for-ca-service-management

Attachment(s)

zip
    Install log.txt.zip   2 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Having an issue with the Jaspersoft installer not recognizing that the server has enough disk space

Posted Dec 15, 2016 07:39 AM

Richard, regarding the disk space:

How is your Jasper installation being done? All on the C drive, or on the D drive?

I ask that because I worked on a similar case, and although the D drive had 100 GB free, Jasper makes use of the temp are in the C drive and it is necessary to check if there is enough free space for that.

Regards

Sandra

• 3.  Re: Having an issue with the Jaspersoft installer not recognizing that the server has enough disk space

Posted Dec 15, 2016 09:27 AM

Sandra,

We are installing it on the D: drive but the C: drive also has well over the 10 GB free disk space requirement free.  Thank you for that information as it may help someone else who has a similar question!

Richard

• 4.  Re: Having an issue with the Jaspersoft installer not recognizing that the server has enough disk space

Posted Dec 15, 2016 12:45 PM

Richard,  just to confirm this is Jasper 6.2?

• 5.  Re: Having an issue with the Jaspersoft installer not recognizing that the server has enough disk space

Posted Dec 15, 2016 01:14 PM

Yes sir, it is a fresh install of Jasper 6.2 on a new server.

• 6.  Re: Having an issue with the Jaspersoft installer not recognizing that the server has enough disk space

Posted Dec 15, 2016 07:02 PM

Anything interesting in the install log file?  Can you attach it to this thread?

• 7.  Re: Having an issue with the Jaspersoft installer not recognizing that the server has enough disk space

Posted Dec 16, 2016 08:45 AM

Here is a copy of the log file from the last install attempt.  I have verified that there is plenty of space on all drives of the server and the database.

• 8.  Re: Having an issue with the Jaspersoft installer not recognizing that the server has enough disk space
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 16, 2016 10:00 AM

Hi Richard,  

From the install log you provided it looks as though you specified MDB as the DB name.  

[InstallerLog] [logDbInputs:308] - Database Name-mdb 

This will not work.  Jasper Server requires it's own database and the installer will create it for you as part of the installation process.  Most customers specify jaspersoft as the DB name.  

The DISK SPACE error you are seeing might just be a red herring as a result of the DB connection failures.  Can you correct the properties file and specify jaspersoft as the DB name and re-run the installation and let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Steve

• 9.  Re: Having an issue with the Jaspersoft installer not recognizing that the server has enough disk space

Posted Dec 16, 2016 01:06 PM

As far as I could tell this requirement was not specified in any of the documentation so I greatly appreciate your answer.  I will provide an update as I go through this new process.

• 10.  Re: Having an issue with the Jaspersoft installer not recognizing that the server has enough disk space

Posted Dec 16, 2016 05:48 PM

I read the doc and I tend to agree with you.  I will ask the documentation team to make it clear that the JasperSoft DB gets created as part of the installation process.   Regards! 

• 11.  Re: Having an issue with the Jaspersoft installer not recognizing that the server has enough disk space

Posted Dec 19, 2016 03:47 PM

Steve,

We just ran the install with the new database named 'jaspersoft_test' and it was successful.  Thank you and everyone else on this thread for the help!