CA Service Management

View Only

Chat Transcript - CA Service Management Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (March 2017)

• 1.  Chat Transcript - CA Service Management Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (March 2017)

Posted Mar 10, 2017 12:41 PM

Miss the March Service Management Office Hours - Online Chat? Check out what you missed below and be sure to join us in April for the next session!

Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Hi Everyone - We'll be starting in just a couple minutes.
    Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: OK - Ready for questions!
    Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: quiet start:)
    Pedro to Everyone: Hi everyone, I next to start CA Catalog implementation
    Pedro to Everyone: I know that Catalog use EEM, but any form to load contacts in Catalog in bulk?
    Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @Pedro - thats great. You can find information on that here: https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/implementing/implementing-ca-service-management-14-1/step-4-install-or-upgrade/implementing-ca-service-catalog
    Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: @Everyone - Be sure to join us for the CA ITSM Community Webcast - Learn more about CA Service Management's Jaspersoft Reporting (CABI 6.2) – March 28th 11AM ET - https://communities.ca.com/events/3480
    stephanie to Everyone: any definite date on when in Q2 17.0 will released
    Jason Wolfe (CA) to Everyone: @Pedro - You can import users into Catalog in bulk using the LDAP Importer
    Jason Wolfe (CA) to Everyone: @Pedro - https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/administering/configuring-ca-service-catalog/manage-users-with-ca-eem/step-1-import-users-into-the-database
    Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @Stephanie - as of now it is targeted for April 2017.
    Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Ready for more questions
    Pedro to Everyone: @jason, thanks, going to check that
    stephanie to Everyone: i have my test on 14.1 03 and prod on 14.1.02 and i do not want to install .03 in prod now since 17.0 is coming out. do you think that will be ok and results should be the same with the testing of 17.0 in test and prod
    Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @Stephanie - are you talking about as far as Migration and Upgrade is concerned?
    stephanie to Everyone: yes
    stephanie to Everyone: i guess i could just uninstall 03 in test environment and get them back to same level
    Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @Stephanie - then there should be no issues there. The testing should be relatively the same. The only difference is that if you have Xflow and Elastic Search instaled in the test system (with .03) then it will also install it when you upgrade to 17. In prod, you can select to install it if you want to when you do the upgrade there.
    Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @Stephanie - you cant really uninstall .03 - its extremely complicated due to the db updates.
    stephanie to Everyone: guess that is not an option then
    Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @Stephanie - if you are concerned aobut this then I would recommend rebuilding your test envirnoment, but honestly i dont think thats needed here.
    Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Any other questions out there?
    stephanie to Everyone: i am not that concerned about just wanted to see if brought up any red flags
    Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: OK folks - We'll give it a few more minutes for questions...
    stephanie to Everyone: this is in the catalog role document what does it mean
    stephanie to Everyone: All users can also delegate the use of their catalogs to other users to create requests on their behalf.
    Jason Wolfe (CA) to Everyone: @Stephanie - I would recommend taking a look at the following:
    Jason Wolfe (CA) to Everyone: https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/using/request-management/request-management-using-ca-service-catalog/delegate-catalog
    stephanie to Everyone: thanks will do
    Jason Wolfe (CA) to Everyone: np
    Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Anymore questions for us today?
    Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: OK folks - We'll give it a few more minutes for questions...
    Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: OK - As there don't seem to be any more questions for today we'll wrap it up. Thank you all for participating and we'll see you back here in April!
    Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Thanks again everyone!