CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Is there any suggestions for back up and purge policies?

Posted Jul 04, 2016 02:42 PM

I have a client asking for mantaining tasks to perform (form noc an db administrators), back up schema and data purge; i've already explain that that follows theire internal policies, but, maybe, we have some "CA reccomendation" docs to hand off to them.

Thanks in advance!

Rocio

• 2.  Re: Is there any suggestions for back up and purge policies?

Posted Jul 05, 2016 04:43 AM

Hi Rocio,

For which CA product does this question relate?

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Is there any suggestions for back up and purge policies?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 05, 2016 08:53 AM

Hi Rocio,

I dont think there are really any normal maintenance tasks that the Noc or DB Admins would perform for CA Service Desk Manager. They should be using whatever their corporate standards are for a backup mechanism for the DB and application.  Within CA Service Desk Manger, there are internal archive/purge rules that should be run at set intervals to purge out ticket data etc. that is inactive for
    "x" number of days.  You can take a look at the section in the documentation wiki site regarding the Archive and Purge functionality - you can find that here:  How to Archive and Purge Historical Data - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

Hope this helps,
    Thanks,Jon I.

• 4.  Re: Is there any suggestions for back up and purge policies?

Posted Jul 11, 2016 05:50 PM

Hi Rocio.Grillo - Did Jon_Israel's response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!