CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How we Can Modify  a CA Service desk  Guest User Login Link

Posted Jun 14, 2017 02:35 PM

Hi,

Currently we are using CA Service desk 17.0 .

And for guest User we are using below link page:-

Which changing we need to done in CA Service Desk ,when Guest user hit  CA service desk Url it display page given below:-

Have anyone any  idea how we can set this . and create a URL for Service desk Guest User.

RA

• 2.  Re: How we Can Modify  a CA Service desk  Guest User Login Link

Posted Jun 14, 2017 03:17 PM

Hi Ravi,

I dont think there is a way to bypass the login screen by a specific URL because the system needs to still create a session which occurs by way of the login screen.  I am not sure what happens behind the scenes specifically, but the link is not to a URL, its actually to a function within the app to launch a guest-user session.  SO, I am not sure this can be done without having to click that link.

Regards,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: How we Can Modify  a CA Service desk  Guest User Login Link

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 14, 2017 05:36 PM

RA, you could add

@NX_GUEST_USER_NAME=anonymous

to the NX.env file. Also, you would need to install option guest_intf_incident_support to "Request Only[Request]"

and recycle SDM. Hope this helps. Thanks _Chi

• 4.  Re: How we Can Modify  a CA Service desk  Guest User Login Link

Posted Jun 15, 2017 01:59 AM

Hi Chi Chen,

@NX_GUEST_USER_NAME=anonymous is already presenting in my NX.env file.

My question over here is whenever the guest access sdm url should redirect to the guest logged in page.

Regards

Ravi

• 5.  Re: How we Can Modify  a CA Service desk  Guest User Login Link

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2017 10:13 AM

Ravi, so it seems you mean when a guest access the SDM url you want it open the guest home page WITHOUT

click on "Guest login..." link? In that case, some how you would need to run this java script javascript:pdm_submit("login", "LogAsGuest")

and as far as I know, web browser(for example chrome) will not let you run a java script directly in the url so somhow

you still need to click something(a bookmarklet with this java script function?) and in that case, why not just let the guest

click on the "Guest login..." link on the page? Thanks _Chi