CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Mailboxes option

Posted May 16, 2017 05:21 AM

Hi,

we are using R14.1. when I clicked on Administration-->Email-->Mailboxes

On create new mailbox I saw an option 'Use Reply-To Address'

When I checked the documentation for more details for 'Use Reply-To Address' it mentioned it 'specifies whether to use the alternate email address from replies.

can any one help me what is the purpose of this option 'Use Reply-To Address' and in which scenario we can use this option.

Thank you

• 2.  Re: Mailboxes option

Posted May 16, 2017 09:09 AM

Hi Subbarao,

The "Use Reply-To Address" refers to an option in options manager under the Email section in which you set a Reply To email address for all outgoing notifications.  If in a mailbox, the Use Reply-To Address field is set to "Yes", then when maileater replies go out (if they are configured on that mailbox's rules), then it will use the Reply-To address from options manager, instead of the email address of the mailbox itself.

For example:

In options manager lets say you have the reply-to address set to "ServiceDeskReply@company.com"

In the maileater mailbox address is "maileater@company.com"

In the maileater mailbox you have the "Use Reply-To Address" set to Yes

If that mailbox has a rule which has a reply set up, such that maileater replies back to the sender to let them know it received the email and is or is-not creating a ticket, it will send that reply from the the Reply-To address that is set in options manager which is "ServiceDeskReply@company.com" rather than sending it from "maileater@company.com".

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Mailboxes option

Posted May 29, 2017 11:48 PM