CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How do I set up email notifications when a log comment is added to a ticket?

Posted Sep 22, 2016 09:35 AM

I don't need the log comment itself to be included in the message. Just when an analyst, preferably in a different group, adds a log comment to a ticket for tickets in a certain group.

• 2.  Re: How do I set up email notifications when a log comment is added to a ticket?

Posted Sep 22, 2016 09:59 AM

Hi Laura, you may be able to do this by using a site defined condition, and a multiple-notification macro to notify the object contact (end user, analyst etc.) when the condition is met.  The condition would specify the group that the ticket must have on it in order to return true, and then actions on true would be the multiple notification macro which would send out a notification.

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: How do I set up email notifications when a log comment is added to a ticket?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 23, 2016 12:08 PM

Laura,

To expand on what Jon mentioned:

If you want any log comment to trigger a notification you just need to go to the Administration tab, go to

"Activity Notification" and find "Log Comment". Open it.

Under the "Notification Rule" tab there should be a default notification that will send, but "Auto Notification" is set to "No". Click the Rule to open it in a new window.

On the "Rules" details screen under the "Object Contacts" you can add values of who would get the notification.

This is the same screen where you'd define a "Condition", as Jon mentioned above to restrict it to certain situations.

Click the "Message Template" link, also on the same screen.

When the Message Template opens edit it and check "Auto Notification".

This will allow the notification to get sent out, but if you want to restrict it you'll need to make sure to get the Condition set up exactly as desired.

• 4.  Re: How do I set up email notifications when a log comment is added to a ticket?

Posted Sep 26, 2016 11:07 AM

With the combination of comments from Jon and Alexander, I am now able to get this to work. Thanks for the help!