CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  MS SQL ServiceDesk user

Posted Jun 27, 2016 09:25 AM

Hello,

I have faced strange behaviour...

User called ServiceDesk that exists in MS SQL and created automatically on SDM installation, have enforced password policy, but 2 times within this year password of that user has expired and SDM has lost connection to DB (message was in stdlog).

Changing password for that user (on the same as old) fixing the problem, other actions like rebooting SDM/SQL gives no result.

I thought that MSSQL policy could be overrided by Windows policy, but our Win admins didn't provided any useful information.

Any ideas?

Regards,

cdtj

• 2.  Re: MS SQL ServiceDesk user

Posted Jun 27, 2016 12:53 PM

Since it is a MSSQL account and not a MS Windows account, I think you should be talking to your SQL DBA and not your Windows Admin.

• 3.  Re: MS SQL ServiceDesk user

Posted Jun 28, 2016 02:39 AM

Thank you for your reply!

Sad thing - we haven't SQL Admins

I have installed SQL server 3 years ago and didn't changed any configuration (at least from beginning of this year) and haven't faced problem like this before...

Ok, I'll try to resolve this from SQL side and will post here if i find something useful.

• 4.  Re: MS SQL ServiceDesk user
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2016 10:07 AM

Timur,

If you go to the properties of the contact record within SQL you should see "Enforce password policy" and "Enforce password expiration". If you uncheck both it should remove anything forcing a password reset: