CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  APP for Service Catalog approval

Posted Nov 21, 2016 05:56 PM

The company in which I work has the Service Catalog 14.1;

Our SC has VM provisioning offerings with approval levels;

Question: How to have an APP type interface for iOS and Android so that the actors can receive the requests and only with a click through the APP, can approve the continuity of the request of creation of the VM?

CA Mobile Device Management maybe ?

• 2.  Re: APP for Service Catalog approval

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 22, 2016 08:04 AM

• 3.  Re: APP for Service Catalog approval

Posted Nov 22, 2016 12:55 PM

I suggest that we refer to it as the "CA Service Management Mobile App" and as such avoid confusion with an earlier solution named "CA Mobile Device Management" which was accomplishing something completely different....

• 4.  Re: APP for Service Catalog approval

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 24, 2016 02:11 AM

Hi Everton Poyato,

Status of the Service Request could be address from CA Service management App. which can be downloaded on iOS/ Android.  Provided your Service offering is mobile enabled.
    The Above link which was shared should give a good idea on how it can be implemented and accessed.
    ~Vinod.

• 5.  Re: APP for Service Catalog approval

Posted Nov 24, 2016 10:14 AM

To access a catalog server url, which is an intranet, I will need the APP to use a VPN. Is it possible to configure the application "CA Service Management Mobile App"  to use VPN?

• 6.  Re: APP for Service Catalog approval
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 27, 2016 02:08 PM

It's my understanding that that we would normally recommend placing a USS server in the DMZ in order to allow the mobile apps to reach it through the Internet, isn't this acceptable for your customer?

John